Join the Covered California team!
Are you experienced with customer service in a call center environment? Do you have experience in public health or health care industry? If you are someone who enjoys working in fast-paced environment, this is your chance to apply!
Covered California is looking for a Lead Manual Workstream Service Center Representative to join the Service Center Division. The Lead Manual Workstream Service Center Representative acts as the team lead for technical issues and resolve enrollment discrepancies from escalated consumer calls. This role responds to customer service contacts via the Automated Call Distribution (ACD) System or the Covered California website in response to health insurance questions, enrollment, health plan options, and changes to enrollee accounts.
The classification for this role is a Program Technician III.
Application Deadline: 4/17/2021 @ 11:59 pm PST
- Experience in and knowledge of public health and health care industry services, programs, and trends.
- Moderate knowledge and use of Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Experience providing customer service, specifically in a call center environment.
- Experience displaying an advanced ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with review of income and/or legal documents for validity and approval.
- Experience entering data into databases/programs with accuracy and timeliness.
Minimum Qualifications for a PT III:
EITHER - PATTERN 1
- In the California state service, either: (a) 12 months of experience performing duties equivalent in level of responsibility to the class of Program Technician II or Supervising Program Technician I; or (b) 30 months of experience performing duties equivalent in level of responsibility to the class of Program Technician.
OR - PATTERN 2
- Three years of experience in a governmental or private agency performing duties with program responsibilities equivalent in level to those of the departmental program in the State of California for which the examination is being administered. (Experience applied toward this requirement must include at least one year in a position equivalent in level of responsibility to the California state civil service class of Program Technician II.)
At Covered California, we recognize our employees are our most valuable asset that helps ensure that our vision, mission, and values are fully realized. We provide incredible benefits for our employees, including healthcare, retirement, and savings, work-life services, leave benefits, and work-life balance. To learn more, copy and paste this link into your browser: https://hbex.coveredca.com/careers/benefits/
- Please send any questions regarding the application process and/or position to Careers@covered.ca.gov
- New to state civil service employees are typically hired at the minimum of the salary range
- Pay Differential: If selected, incumbents will receive a call center pay differential and be compensated an additional $150 per month. Review the full job description to learn more about the duties and responsibilities of this position
- Salaries do not reflect recent changes necessitated by the unanticipated budget shortfalls arising from the COVID-19 pandemic; through June 30, 2022, this position is subject to a base pay salary reduction of 9.23% in exchange for 16 hours of Personal Leave Credits per month