United States of America - Virginia, Arlington - VA
**AECOM** is seeking an experienced Proposal Manager to lead and write US government proposals, primarily for our top client, the US Army. The position can be based out of any AECOM office in the United States. If you know how to structure and write a winning SF330 for the DOD, this is a great opportunity to join a growing team.
At AECOM, we believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it’s improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water, or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
We take on the most complex challenges and pioneer innovative, iconic solutions that push the limits of what’s possible – the world’s longest cable-stayed bridge, record-breaking sports events, the largest greenfield port development mega project, life-sustaining disaster recovery programs, and the tallest tower in the Western Hemisphere.
On projects spanning transportation, buildings, water, energy, and the environment, we deliver professional services throughout the project lifecycle.
We are proud to be recognized for excellence:
* Named one of Fortune magazine's "World's Most Admired Companies" for the sixth consecutive year
* Ranked #1 in Engineering News-Record’s 2020 “Top 200 Environmental Firms”
* Ranked #1 in Transportation and General Building in Engineering News-Record’s 2020 “Top 500 Design Firms”
* VIQTORY 2020 Military Friendly® Gold Employer
**About National Governments**
AECOM’s National Governments business line has proudly partnered with government agencies for more than 100 years to deliver innovative solutions for mission success. We leverage our global defense, civilian and commercial expertise to provide comprehensive infrastructure, facilities, energy, environment, disaster resilience and civil works services for our clients’ most challenging projects. Our industry-leading design, planning, architecture, engineering, program management and construction management teams are laser-focused on exceptional client service and flawless execution—helping strengthen critical infrastructure for generations to come.
The Federal Proposal Manager will work closely with the Federal marketing team, business operations, and support staff to lead some of our must-win Federal pursuits. The job includes leading large and small proposals and presentations, providing support and guidance from pre-RFP project positioning through to interview stage, as required. Subject matter may include studies and planning, architecture and engineering design, construction, environmental, program management, and other professional services. The ideal candidate will bring strong leadership, sharp compliance, skilled writing, and creative design ideas as well as experience with US government proposal writing. This position is focused on US Army projects but may include assignments for other government customers as well.
* Provide leadership and direction for proposals, including schedules, templates, compliance, content planning, and production
* Provide conceptual leadership for document design, while ensuring RFP instructions and internal brand guidelines pertaining to format, fonts, etc. are being followed
* Participate in go/no-go and greenlight analyses in compliance with delegation of authority guidelines, capture planning and positioning activities as they pertain to preparation for the proposal
* Facilitate pink and red team, quality reviews, and apply lessons learned to add value to proposals
* Manage the implementation of proposal and presentation revisions based on direction from review teams
* Write and edit tailored executive summaries, resumes, experience, past performance, and management sections for proposals
* Support debriefs and gathering of client feedback on proposals to ensure and demonstrate continuous improvement
* Support special projects, as required.
Successful candidates will demonstrate they have the initiative, skill, and personal commitment to manage multiple projects and details concurrently, follow up, and bring tasks and projects to full completion. An ability to produce accurate, compliant, and compelling work independently and with others is essential. The position also requires an ability to meet non-negotiable client deadlines, sometimes with very fast turnaround times.
* Bachelor’s degree plus four (4) years of related experience, or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education
* Due to the nature of this work, US citizenship is required
* 5-10 years of professional experience, with at least 5 years of experience writing, coordinating, and managing proposals
* Strong writing and editing skills
* Ability to write, edit and produce documents in Word and Power Point
* Experience with Adobe InDesign
* A working knowledge of collaborative tools such as Microsoft Teams, SharePoint, etc.
* Experience managing proposals for US Army Corps of Engineers IDIQ contracts, stand-alone projects, and task orders
* Experience managing proposals for architect-engineer, environmental and other professional services
* An understanding of CRM
* Salesforce experience
* Relocation is not available for this position
* Sponsorship is not available for this position
* Travel requirements are expected to be minimal for this position
**What We Offer**
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
**Job Category** Business Development
**Business Line** Geography OH
**Business Group** Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
**Country** United States of America
**Position Status** Full-Time
**Requisition/Vacancy No.** 248357BR
**Additional Locations** US - Austin, TX - 9400 Amberglen Boulevard, US - Boston, MA - One Federal St, US - Chelmsford, MA - 250 Apollo Drive, US - Dallas, TX - 13355 Noel Road, US - Denver, CO - 7595 East Technology Way, US - Morrisville, NC - 1600 Perimeter Park Drive, US - Sacramento, CA - 2020 L St
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.