United States of America - Virginia, Arlington - VA
**AECOM** is seeking an experienced Proposal Team Leader to lead our team of DOD proposal managers. The position can be based out of any AECOM office in the United States.
At AECOM, we believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it’s improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water, or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
We take on the most complex challenges and pioneer innovative, iconic solutions that push the limits of what’s possible – the world’s longest cable-stayed bridge, record-breaking sports events, the largest greenfield port development mega project, life-sustaining disaster recovery programs, and the tallest tower in the Western Hemisphere.
On projects spanning transportation, buildings, water, energy, and the environment, we deliver professional services throughout the project lifecycle.
We are proud to be recognized for excellence:
* Named one of Fortune magazine's "World's Most Admired Companies" for the sixth consecutive year
* Ranked #1 in Engineering News-Record’s 2020 “Top 200 Environmental Firms”
* Ranked #1 in Transportation and General Building in Engineering News-Record’s 2020 “Top 500 Design Firms”
* VIQTORY 2020 Military Friendly® Gold Employer
**About National Governments**
AECOM’s National Governments business line has proudly partnered with government agencies for more than 100 years to deliver innovative solutions for mission success. We leverage our global defense, civilian and commercial expertise to provide comprehensive infrastructure, facilities, energy, environment, disaster resilience and civil works services for our clients’ most challenging projects. Our industry-leading design, planning, architecture, engineering, program management and construction management teams are laser-focused on exceptional client service and flawless execution—helping strengthen critical infrastructure for generations to come.
The DOD Proposal Team Leader will balance a heavy workload for a team in great demand, ensuring that key pursuits are resourced appropriately and managed effectively, while working collaboratively with different teams from operations. As needed, the team leader will also be responsible for leading key proposals and presentations, providing support and guidance from pre-RFP project positioning through to interview stage. Subject matter may include studies and planning, architecture and engineering design, construction, environmental, program management, and other professional services. The ideal candidate will bring strong leadership, sharp compliance, skilled writing, and creative design ideas as well as experience with US government proposal writing.
* Managing marketing managers and senior managers, serving as a mentor, and providing overall direction for marketing staff goals and performance.
* Overseeing workload of the team, ensuring that staff’s assignments and hours are balanced.
* Monitoring progress of key pursuits to ensure they are progressing as needed through corporate reviews and meeting milestones.
* Leading delivery of team initiatives and special projects.
* Participating in strategic planning that includes evaluating marketing intelligence, identifying customer concerns and key issues, and developing win strategies.
* Providing leadership and direction for proposals, including schedules, templates, compliance, content planning, and production.
* Participating in gate reviews, capture planning and positioning activities.
* Facilitating pink and red team, quality reviews, and applies lessons learned to add value to proposals. Manages the implementation of proposal and presentation revisions based on direction from review teams.
* Writing and editing tailored executive summaries, resumes, experience, past performance, and management sections for proposals.
* Supporting debriefs and gathering of client feedback.
* Supporting special projects.
* Bachelor’s degree plus ten (10) years of related proposal experience, or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education, including 2 years of leadership
* Experience managing proposals for Department of Defense IDIQ contracts, stand-alone projects, and task orders.
* Due to the nature of this work, US citizenship is required.
* 15+ years of related proposal experience including at least 3 years as a supervisor in a multi-disciplined marketing/proposal organization
* A detailed knowledge of marketing best practices and procedures, work processes, and tools, along with evidence of past successful leadership of senior, multidisciplinary teams, as well as of>$50 million, multidisciplinary/multi-geography pursuits from capture through to interview
* Ability to collaborate with executives, managers, technical staff, functional staff (accounting, HR, finance, contracts, procurement, etc.) subcontractors, and external consultants throughout the Capture and Proposal lifecycle
* Ability to productively collaborate with a wide range of personality types while leading team and meeting
* Demonstrated experience/ability to work efficiently and effectively with multiple deadlines and changing priorities
* Ability to successfully execute multiple tasks simultaneously
* Professional training in project management, proposal management, leadership, business, and writing
* APMP/SMPS certification is a plus
* Strong writing and editing skills
* Ability to write, edit and produce documents in Word and Power Point
* Experience with Adobe InDesign
* A working knowledge of collaborative tools such as Microsoft Teams, SharePoint, etc.
* Experience managing proposals for architect-engineer and environmental services
* Deep knowledge of the A/E industry
* Experience with CRM/Salesforce
* Relocation is not available for this position
* Sponsorship is not available for this position
* Some travel may be required for this position
**What We Offer**
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
**Job Category** Business Development
**Business Line** Geography OH
**Business Group** Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
**Country** United States of America
**Position Status** Full-Time
**Requisition/Vacancy No.** 248358BR
**Additional Locations** US - Chelmsford, MA - 250 Apollo Drive, US - Dallas, TX - 16000 Dallas Parkway, US - Denver, CO - 1400 16Th St, US - Morrisville, NC - 1600 Perimeter Park Drive, US - Philadelphia, PA - 1600 Market Street - Suite 1700, US - Sacramento, CA - 2020 L St, US - Tampa, FL - 4201 N Dale Mabry Highway
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.