Under the general supervision of the Director, Conferences, provides a variety of administrative coordination and support requiring thorough knowledge of the department, its procedures and operational details; provides administrative support to departmental staff; composes and prepares correspondence using considerable judgment in content and style. The coordinator is responsible for the execution of department and program activities for the Organization that support objectives that are aligned with CSBA’s values. The position works collaboratively with key partners to provide services with regards to program coordination, facilities, planning and organizing of events. The position also performs skilled word processing, data entry, and typing; provides information to the public and staff; acts as department lead for annual events; provides assistance for a wide variety of assignments related to administration of budgets, contracts, research projects, and department programs; and performs related work as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides routine administrative support to Director, Conferences, managers and staff, which may include assisting with duties of a complex, confidential, or sensitive nature; acts as liaison between management and other staff or the public.
- Promotes the mission and values of the Association through portrayal, living, modeling, and exhibiting the Association’s values of integrity, collaboration, excellence, accountability, innovation, respect, and service; uses tact, initiative, prudence, and independent judgment within general policy, procedural and legal guidelines; establishes, maintains, and fosters positive and effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of performing duties and responsibilities.
- Supports the planning, organizing, coordination and execution of Association conferences, events and member related activities.
- Coordinates and maintains multiple calendars and schedules and departmental meetings and appointments.
- Coordinates and schedules meetings, seminars, conferences, and training sessions for department staff; acts as meeting and/or committee secretary including preparing agendas and information packets, setting up the room or online meeting links, and taking and transcribing minutes for assigned program committee, follows-up with members on after-action items.
- Organizes, prepares, and carries out administrative assignments, researches, compiles, and organizes information and data from various sources on a variety of specialized topics related to programs in assigned area; prepares, writes, and assembles reports, manuals, articles, announcements, presentations and other information materials.
- Coordinates, promotes and evaluates annual events/programs; develops and monitors project timelines; coordinates and facilitates meetings for department staff and vendors; organizes event tickets sales; and drafts promotional materials.
- Contributes to the development of and coordinates virtual platforms for conferences, seminars, workshops, events, meetings, training programs, and member agency related activities.
- Coordinates nomination and application scoring for events/programs; recruits and train judges; presents final scores to managers for review; and communication selection results to applicants; Coordinates meeting logistics, including room reservations food and beverage, A/V-IT and set-up.
- Collaborates with departmental staff, between CSBA departments and with outside partners and vendors.
- Assists with agenda and programmatic continent preparation and distribution for events and committee meetings.
- Composes and prepares correspondence and presentations.
- Proofreads documents to ensure accuracy of copy, grammar, punctuation, and spelling. Makes revisions and finalizes documents for distribution.
- Maintains working relationships with community agencies, organizations and outside vendors.
- Analyzes policies and procedures to improve program efficiency and effectiveness.
- Develops, maintains and administers programmatic and department budgets; monitors budgets, processes expenditures, and coordinates with CSBA accounting staff to ensure prompt and accurate payments; generates financial, annual reports, and budgets as appropriate.
- Provides administrative support to department activities; writes, composes, types, edits, and proofreads a variety of documents; prepares programs and brochures; PowerPoint presentations, etc.
- Designs and implements filing and record-keeping systems; researches records within areas of assigned responsibility to prepare reports and provide follow-up information to customer and staff inquiries; organizes and maintains various administrative, confidential, reference, and follow-up files and records for the AED.
- Operates a variety of standard office equipment, including job-related computer hardware and software, applications, facsimile equipment, photocopiers, and multi-line telephones.
- Monitors and orders office and related supplies; prepares, processes, and tracks purchase requisitions for services and materials; receives vendor invoices; prepares requests for payment for department head approval.
- Reads and demonstrates an understanding and adherence to CSBA values, policies, and practices.
- Demonstrates respect, honesty and professionalism at all times.
- Adheres to an established work schedule and the organization’s timekeeping practices.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.