Join the Covered California team!
Do you have experience with completing Monthly Fund Reconciliations and preparing Year-End Financial Statements? Are you experienced with Excel and Fi$Cal or PeopleSoft? If so, apply today through CalCareers!
As the General Ledger Analyst, you will be a lead of the General Ledger and Financial Reporting Unit, which performs a variety of duties related to financial and accounting analysis, reconciliation, and reporting. You will also interact on a frequent basis with senior management to present important finance and accounting-related information and facilitate financial decision-making.
The classification title for this role is Associate Accounting Analyst (AAA).
Application Deadline: 6/21/2021 @ 11:59 pm PST
Documents Required: Application (STD Form 678), Resume, College Transcripts, and Statement of Qualifications (SOQ)
- Advising management of forecast expenditures relative to budgeted expenditures
- Evaluating and maintaining internal controls, and establishing and maintaining liaison with operating managers to ascertain their need for accounting data
- Diagnosing accounting-related Financial Information System for California (FI$CAL) problems as they relate to the accomplishment of accounting objectives
- Performing complex analyses, such as multi-system analyses for Covered California for Small Business (CCSB) employer refunds, analyses of receipts and expenditures by individual small business employers, and analyses of the Surplus Money Investment Fund (SMIF) interest and reporting activity
- Analyzing expenditure coding of purchase orders, contracts, and encumbrance entries in conjunction with the Budget Office, Business Services, and other programs
- Posting entries to FI$CAL for Journal Entries from the State Controller’s Office (SCO)
- Performing reconciliations on cash related accounts, subsidiary documents, Accounts Receivables on reconciliation documents, and outstanding claims
- FI$Cal or Peoplesoft application experience
- Completing Monthly Fund Reconciliations
- Preparing Year-End Financial Statements
- Knowledge of advanced Excel functions such as VLOOKUP and Pivot Tables
- Education: Equivalent to graduation from college with a specialization in accounting or completion of at least 45-semester units, with at least 24 units of accounting courses (see specific courses here: https://www.calhr.ca.gov/state-hr-professionals/Pages/4582.aspx) AND;
- Experience: One year of experience in the California state service performing accounting or auditing duties at a level of responsibility equivalent to an Accounting Analyst, Range C
- Three years of increasingly responsible accounting analyst, professional accounting, accounting systems, or auditing experience in a governmental or private setting
At Covered California, we recognize our employees are our most valuable asset that helps ensure that our vision, mission, and values are fully realized. We provide incredible benefits for our employees, including healthcare, retirement, and savings, work-life services, leave benefits, and work-life balance. To learn more, copy and paste this link into your browser: https://hbex.coveredca.com/careers/benefits/
- Please send any questions regarding the application process and/or position to Careers@covered.ca.gov
- New to state civil service employees are typically hired at the minimum of the salary range
- Salaries do not reflect recent changes necessitated by the unanticipated budget shortfalls arising from the COVID-19 pandemic; through June 30, 2022, this position is subject to a base pay salary reduction of 9.23% in exchange for 16 hours of Personal Leave Credits per month