The Staff Manager for the Homeless Innovations Department will be responsible for managing the Emergency Housing Voucher program. The position is responsible for the overall successful operation of the Emergency Housing Voucher Program and works to ensure the operations surpass industry standards. The Staff Manager will work with the Executive Management Team to develop and implement short-range and long-range organizational goals and provides customer service within scope of authority.
The Staff Manager for the Homeless Innovations Department will be an individual who takes initiative and motivates their team to successfully manage the Emergency Housing Voucher program. The ideal candidate will be a team-oriented leader whose values align with the Agency’s Mission, Vision, and Goals.
For a full job description and duties, please click on the link to apply.
5 years of work experience in housing, advocacy, community- based non-profits, community development, and/or other relevant areas that complement this effort.
Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree plus 5 years of related work experience
Associate’s Degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school and 5 year related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of non-program federal requirements that affect income and rent determinations, including fair housing and equal opportunity, fraud and program abuse, personnel and employment practices.
- Knowledge of HUD-established performance standards (for HCV, SEMAP indicators) performance standards as they relate to income and rent determinations.
- Knowledge of program requirements and guidance as reflected in HUD regulations, handbook, notices, forms, and guides.
- Computer literacy, including personal computing, accuracy in data entry, and knowledge of program-related software.
- Adaptability/Flexibility; open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities, handles pressure, adjusts plans to meet changing needs
- Allocates time and attention based on what is most important to achieve key goals and objectives.
- Effectively organizes and balances tasks and priorities to keep multiple projects on track.
- Product knowledge: translates product features to benefits, understands/responds to the member's needs, applies market knowledge
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from clients and the general public.
- Ability to facilitate small group meetings
- Ability to instruct in a 1:1 setting
- Ability to utilize technology such as Zoom
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedure manuals and governmental regulations.
- Ability to read, comprehend, interpret, and implement rules, regulations, and procedures