SchoolsFirst FCU (a $24 billion Credit Union) has an excellent career opportunity for a passionate individual to join our team as the Indirect Consumer Lending Manager at our Sacramento campus. This role will oversee a $1.5 billion indirect vehicle loan portfolio and is reporting to the Vice President of Consumer Lending. This position will oversee all aspects of dealer development with over 500 indirect dealers, indirect underwriting and funding and is responsible for managing the indirect lending functions of the credit union for all of California.
Responsible for the direction, development, ongoing management and optimization of indirect vehicle lending initiatives, products, processes, dealers, and teammembers. Oversee dealer performance management, with a focus on participation, and effective process/program management, while ensuring optimal Member and partner dealership experience throughout the lending cycle.
Essential Job Functions:
- Establish, communicate and coordinate procedures and successfully manage all aspects of indirect consumer lending operations including underwriting, funding, dealer representatives, indirect dealers and the Member experience.
- Accomplishes team results by providing daily support, communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining teammembers; developing, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, procedures, and productivity standards.
- Handles complicated loan requests, escalations and scenario specific inquiries and ensures smooth operation from origination through funding, ensuring all Members and indirect dealers receive prompt, efficient, courteous service.
- Manages the promotion of indirect loan products and services to indirect dealerships within California by collaborating with dealerships to maximize performance, increase participation and visibility of loan products and services and strengthen SchoolsFirst FCU relationships with new and existing dealerships.
- Oversees production of activity reports and scorecards to track dealer and dealer representative's performance. Analyze and track dealer data, review and make recommendations on adding, terminating dealers to network, improving business relationships and loan application/funding volume.
- Provides ongoing assessment of the overall indirect loan decision quality and indirect funding efficiency along with any significant trends.
- Monitors vendor (CUDL/Origence) performance and standards ensuring Member service expectations are met. Researches proposed new vendor, product and contracts. Coordinates and reviews contracts with outside vendors to ensure products and systems are working properly and the Credit Union's objectives are protected.
- Provides regular updates to leadership and internal partners regarding market rates, dealer incentives, and other competitor financial institution developments with dealerships.
- Stays abreast on latest technologies available and works towards improving and automating products and services.
- Identifies new business opportunities through research and analysis of industry trends and competition.
- Provides daily support to staff, including answering questions and problem resolution, communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; training, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; developing, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, procedures, and productivity standards.
- Accomplishes financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures and analyzing variances.
- Contributes to organizational goals and priorities as a member of Management team. Establishes and implements plans that have short-term (1-2 year) impact on business results in alignment with organization objectives.
- Evaluates operating procedures and policies, ensuring the highest levels of Member service, productivity and internal control.
- Initiates, researches, coordinates and implements department or division projects intended to benefit Members, internal teammembers or department operations.
- Ensures compliance with state and federal laws as well as any other applicable regulations.
- Understands the credit union organizational goals and key performance indicators and takes the necessary actions to achieve desired results.
- All teammembers must comply with regulatory compliance and assigned training requirements including but not limited to BSA regulations corresponding to their specific job duties. Failure to do so may result in disciplinary and other employment related actions.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Education/Years of Experience/Certifications
High School Diploma
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent years of experience preferred
5 - 7 years of previous related experience required
2 - 4 years previous management experience
Previous experience in a consumer lending position within a financial institution, or related work experience with indirect vehicle dealerships/retail business environment.
- Maintains and effectively leverages a thorough understanding of the vehicle industry and trends, the Credit Union's policies, systems, pricing policies/programs, profitability models, risk/audit exam procedures, and underwriting authority to ensure the optimal performance of the business unit.
- Maintains thorough knowledge of Credit Union loan policy, underwriting guidelines, and state/federal regulations pertaining to consumer lending, external/internal audits, and the CFPB as it relates to indirect lending.