Collects on loans of all stages of delinquency made by the Credit Union where timely payments are not being received. Communicates with Members using advanced skills to identify the true cause of non-payment and provides a personalized option to each Member.
Essential Job Functions
- Works on all delinquency stages through inbound/out-bound calling, letters, and other approved methods, collects past due payments and/or negotiates payment arrangements or repayment plans to resolve delinquent loans or negative shares by identifying reason for delinquency and offering appropriate options to Members.
- Documents all conversations and collections activity in collection systems. May be responsible for funding of workout loans or working collections reports, such as the available money letter report.
- Maintains adherence to all federal and state regulations and credit union policies.
- Performs file maintenance of delinquent accounts to reflect agreed upon collection activities. Processes adjustments to Member loans as needed, including but not limited to, due date changes, opening/closing lines of credit, closing negative accounts, and payment plan maintenance.
- Recommends Members with delinquent accounts for work out loans, deferments, re-ages, reduced payments, repossession and charge-off. Refers complex situations to the appropriate resources to ensure timely resolution.
- May provide suggestions for streamlining departmental and credit union operations. When assigned helps to complete projects and reports related to the department.
- May perform more advanced research and analysis on accounts, may skip trace and perform asset searches.
- All teammembers must comply with regulatory compliance and assigned training requirements including but not limited to BSA regulations corresponding to their specific job duties. Failure to do so may result in disciplinary and other employment related actions
- Performs other related duties or projects as assigned or requested.
Education/Years of Experience/Certifications
High School Diploma required
3 – 5 years of previous related experience required
Previous financial institution or credit union experience preferred
Knowledge of bankruptcy laws, FDCPA, TCPA and SCRA
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Uses active listening skills to determine the Member’s hardship and provides appropriate solution.
- Ability to multi-task
- Intermediate computer and typing skills
- Experience with inbound/outbound phone system preferred
- Conflict resolution and negotiation skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a teammember to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the teammember is regularly required to do the following:
- Intermittent lifting up to 10 pounds
- Must be able to access, enter, and retrieve data using a computer
- Frequent keyboarding and mouse usage
- Intermittent standing, sitting, walking and neck flexing
- Intermittent pushing, pulling and reaching above, at and below shoulder height
- Eye/hand coordination: Performing work using both
- Working with hands: seizing, holding, and grasping
- Able to lift by raising or lowering an object from one level to another.
- Positions within Facilities and ATM Services may be exposed to dust, gas, odors or fumes and power grasping. May be required to work from a ladder.