Position Summary: Assists management in the administration of the Collection Department, coordinates, delegates and monitors routine and complex functions of Collections. In addition, gathers, analyzes, and interprets collection related data to recommend to or allow the organization make informed decisions. Supervises collection department teammembers to ensure Excellent Member Service delivery, with a focus on advocacy, timely, productive and efficient servicing of delinquent Member accounts.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assists management with selection, coaching, evaluation and development of department teammembers; assists in the performance evaluation process and handles routine counseling of teammembers when necessary.
- Approves deferments, re-ages, repossession, legal actions and settlements when needed.
- Assists with written and or verbal correspondence to Member inquiries, comments and suggestions.
- Identifies areas to streamline department and credit union operations. Leads efforts to implement such enhancements and other projects.
- Assists teammembers with ongoing operating procedures; ensures compliance with credit union policies and procedures, as well as state and federal regulations.
- Ensures that resources are allocated in order to provide a high quality of service and maximum productivity.
- Monitors daily functions for service, quality and productivity of department.
- Oversees relationships with CU partner/vendors.
- Oversees and supports the Credit Dispute function.
- Direct oversight of dialer / call campaigns.
- Ensures adherence with all regulatory requirements.
- Identifies call strategy and staffing to ensure high level of effectiveness with call campaigns to help in reaching Member contact goals.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Education: High School Diploma or G.E.D. required.
Experience: 3 to 5 years of related experience required. 1 to 2 years of previous supervisory experience.