Under general supervision, plans, organizes, and provides advanced level organizational support for meeting and event activities and other programs and trainings administered by the Association; utilizes specialized program knowledge to perform a variety of administrative and program specific support duties requiring thorough knowledge of the Association, its procedures , and operational details; provides administrative and analytical support to management and departmental staff; provides direct service to the public or member agencies; assists in customizing program-specific deliverables; and performs related work as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs a variety of administrative, analytical, and customer support activities for Conferences, trainings, or other programs and services administered by the Association to member agencies or the public.
- Organizes and implements administrative assignments and special projects related to assigned area of responsibility; maintains accurate and detailed department-specific records, schedules, reports, files, plans, databases, and other operational and/or confidential information; verifies accuracy of information; researches discrepancies and records information.
- Maintains data and content for accuracy in Association database and conference engagement platforms.
- Plans, prepares, organizes, coordinates, and assists with Association conferences, seminars, workshops, meetings, training programs, and member agency related activities, including the Annual Education Conference, Masters in Governance Program, and other events across the Association.
- Assists with implementation of new or revised events, programs, systems, procedures, and methods of operation; compiles data for Director to make recommendations regarding staffing, equipment, and facility needs.
- Participates in the administration of events and training program budgets; monitors revenues and expenditures; identifies and recommends resolutions for budgetary problems.
- Assists in the development of requests for proposals and quote for professional and/or contract services; evaluates proposals and recommends project award; negotiates and administers contracts after award; ensures compliance with Association standards and time and budget estimates.
- Assists with event logistics and planning, including hotel and room reservations, audiovisual equipment, technical support, exhibits, catering, and room set-up.
- Monitors and coordinates contract agreements with service providers.
- Develops, collects, and analyzes program evaluation and participant data; evaluates alternatives, makes recommendations, and assists with the implementation of procedural and/or operational changes after approval; prepares comprehensive technical records and reports, identifies alternatives, and makes and justifies recommendations.
- Develops and maintains a Procedure Manual, outlining the Association’s processes and procedures for booking event locations. Establishes, updates, maintains and communicates Policy Manual annually.
- Assists with researching, formatting, and customizing content for correspondence, forms, reports, and manuals.
- Collaborates with staff from other departments on projects and assignments.
- Researches, compiles, organizes, and analyzes information and data for special projects and various reports, publications, and newsletters; prepares, reviews, and processes specialized analytical and technical reports, contracts, policies, and procedures relating to a core function of departmental operations; designs and implements forms; prepares written materials to explain Association programs and procedures.
- Addresses concerns, inquiries, or complaints from member agencies or general public in a professional manner; researches information; identifies and reports findings and takes appropriate action to ensure an expedient and satisfactory resolution.
- Develops, verifies, and reviews forms, contracts, and reports for completeness and conformance with established regulations and procedures; interprets, explains, and applies departmental and programs policies and procedures in determining completeness of applications, records, and files.
- Travel throughout the state of California to various training, workshops, and meeting sites required.
- Organizes and maintains various administrative, confidential, reference, imaging, and follow-up files; purges files as required.
- Operates a variety of standard office equipment, including job-related computer hardware and software applications, copiers, facsimile machines, multi-line telephones, and may operate other department-specific equipment.
- Coordinates temporary staff and Independent Contractors at Annual Education Conference.
- Reads and demonstrates an understanding and adherence to CSBA values, policies, procedures and practices.
- Demonstrates respect, honesty and professionalism at all times.
- Adheres to an established work schedule and the organization’s timekeeping practices.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
- Organizational and function of non-profit organizations, boards, and commissions.
- Principles and practices of data collection, information management, and report preparation.
- Computer applications related to the work, including word processing, web design, database, and spreadsheet applications.
- Business mathematics and basic statistical techniques.
- Record keeping principles and procedures.
- Modern office practices, methods, and computer equipment and applications related to the work.
- English usage, grammar, spelling, vocabulary, and punctuation.
- Techniques for providing a high level of customer service by effectively dealing with the public, vendors, contractors, and Association staff.
- Understand the organization and operation of the Association and of outside agencies as necessary to assume assigned responsibilities.
- Interpret, apply, explain, and ensure compliance with Federal, State, and local policies, procedures, laws, and regulations.
- Provide customer service for program-related inquiries and related requests.
- Compose correspondence and reports independently or from brief instructions.
- Provide research, analysis, and summarized findings.
- Make accurate mathematical, financial, and statistical computations.
- Enter and retrieve data from a computer with sufficient speed and accuracy to perform assigned work.
- Apply knowledge and demonstrate critical thinking skills, lead and coordinate various projects involving participation of other departments.
- Organize and prioritize a variety of projects and multiple tasks in an effective and timely manner; organize own work, set priorities, and meet critical time deadlines.
- Operate and maintain modern office equipment, including computer equipment and specialized software applications programs.
- Use English effectively to communicate in person, over the telephone, and in writing.
- Use tact, initiative, prudence, and independent judgment within general policy, procedural and legal guidelines
- Establish, maintain, and foster positive and effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of performing duties and responsibilities.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Any combination of training and experience equivalent to an associate degree or higher with major coursework in business administration, management, finance, accounting, or related field and three (3) years of experience performing complex administrative tasks and supporting management.
ENVIRONMENTAL ELEMENTS & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Employee works in a primarily sedentary office environment with moderate noise levels, controlled temperature conditions, and no direct exposure to hazardous physical substances.
- Employee is personally responsible for following health and safety guidelines, instructions, and policies.
- Must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and use standard office equipment, including a computer; vision to read printed materials and computer screen, and hearing and speech to communicate in person, and over the telephone; must be able to bend, stoop, kneel, reach, push and pull drawers open and closed in the execution of duties.
- Must be able to sit at computer for long periods of time and have the dexterity to access, enter, and retrieve data using a computer keyboard or calculator, and operate standard office equipment.
- Employee must possess the ability to lift, carry, push, and pull materials and objects weighing up to 25 pounds, hand truck available to assist.
- Travel to various training, workshops, and meeting sites required.
- May be asked to work occasional overtime.
LICENSES & CERTIFICATIONS
- Possession of, or ability to, obtain a valid California Driver’s license by time of appointment.