Automotive Parts Sales Advisor
Thompson's Family of Dealerships - Multi-Brand Auto Group
Over 30 years family owned, located just minutes from the well-known Apple Hill Area in Placerville
We are looking for an individual that wants to grow with our company, enjoys working with people, team player and multi-tasker and wants to learn.
City wages with the small town feel.
- Devote himself/herself to insuring satisfaction to customers.
- Determine management, production and quality requirements by asking questions and listening.
- Attend company meetings as required.
- Establish personal performance goals that are consistent with company standards of productivity and devise a strategy to meet those goals.
- Review and analyze actions at the end of each day, week, month, and year to determine how to better utilize time and plans more effectively.
- Understand the terminology of the business and keep abreast of technology changes in products and services.
- Take and fill orders for service technicians promptly and efficiently, helping service technicians as needed to determine which parts and accessories are required for each job.
- Communicate with the service technicians to verify that your department is meeting their parts and accessories requirements.
- Make suggestions when appropriate regarding specific parts and accessories that may be needed for each job.
- Provide information regarding the associated cost of parts required on repair orders.
- Inform service personnel when back ordered or special order parts are received.
- Be polite and friendly, greet customers promptly and deliver exceptional customer service.
- Actively seek and obtain a thorough knowledge of parts history, merchandise and automobile service. Be able to communicate this knowledge as needed to adequately meet demands while maintaining good inventory turn ratios.
- Work with the parts and accessories manager and aid in reaching set goals for profitability and sales of parts and accessories.
- Work with multiple customers at once if needed while still providing individual customer satisfaction.
- Work with customers to determine parts and accessories needs and explore merchandise in catalogs. Draw attention to any new merchandise, specials, and sales, as well as suggest supplementary products that may supplement the customers initial purchase.
- Conduct telephone transactions courteously and promptly. Inform customers and dealership staff when appropriate regarding any new merchandise, specials and sales.
- Deal with customer complaints in a sensible manner by showing empathy and a pleasant attitude to show our commitment to excellent customer service and to increase customer satisfaction and loyalty.
- Be precise in all cash register transactions, taking accurate credit card and cash payments for purchases.
- In accepting delivery of and processing merchandise from distributors, verify merchandise according to purchase invoice and record merchandise into inventory. Prepare the product for presentation on the showroom floor.
- Make sure that the merchandise displays are dusted, clean, fully stocked, and appealing to customers.
- Become proficient and familiar with computer systems necessary for parts and accessories management.
- Periodically carry out physical inventory of merchandise
- Medical, dental and vision
- Paid Vacation and holidays
- LTD, life insurance