United States of America - California, Oakland
The **AECOM** Oakland, California office has an immediate need for an experienced Senior Structural Engineer to take on a leadership role in our Hydraulics Structures practice. The candidate will have the opportunity to lead structural tasks on projects for a variety of facilities including dams, spillways, outlet works, and wastewater facilities, and coordinate with a broad range of other disciplines within AECOM.
At AECOM, we believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it’s improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
We take on the most complex challenges and pioneer innovative, iconic solutions that push the limits of what’s possible – the world’s longest cable-stayed bridge, record-breaking sports events, the largest greenfield port development mega project, life-sustaining disaster recovery programs, and the tallest tower in the Western Hemisphere.
On projects spanning transportation, buildings, water, energy and the environment, we deliver professional services throughout the project lifecycle.
We are proud to be recognized for excellence:
* Named one of Fortune magazine's "World's Most Admired Companies" for the sixth consecutive year
* Ranked #1 in Engineering News-Record’s 2020 “Top 200 Environmental Firms”
* Ranked #1 in Transportation and General Building in Engineering News-Record’s 2020 “Top 500 Design Firms”
* VIQTORY 2020 Military Friendly® Gold Employer
With more than 3,200 Water professionals in all major markets throughout the United States and Canada, AECOM’s Water business line leverages nearly a century of local, national and international project experience to provide today’s municipalities, industries and governments with cost-effective solutions to their Water challenges. We deliver our services—from environmental planning studies to detailed design, construction management, and operations and maintenance—to a wide range of public and private sector clients. Our public sector work encompasses everything from small rural communities, to large urban centers, to agencies with regional responsibilities. Our private sector work includes assignments for multiple commercial/industrial sectors, including oil and gas, chemicals, power, food and beverage, manufacturing and pharmaceuticals. https://aecom.com/markets/water/
The candidate should have a high level of technical expertise and experience in supervising and training staff in structural analyses, design, plans and specifications, and construction support services. Business development for existing and new clients will be an integral part of the position.
The appropriately qualified applicant will be able to demonstrate a combination of the following responsibilities as a professional or experienced engineer:
* Support the Structural Department with the layout and design of hydraulic structures, water and wastewater treatment facilities, and other related structures
* Performs work, which may include a variety of complex features such as conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of conventional materials, and difficult coordination requirements
* Review work prepared by other engineers within the department
* Oversee teams performing structural design and plans
* Prepare engineering services proposals, cost estimates, and schedules
* Verify compliance with applicable codes and engineering standards / practices
* As necessary, modifies established guidelines, devises new approaches, applies existing criteria in new ways and draws conclusions from comparative situations
* Coordinate with other in-house engineering disciplines as needed
* Mentoring and technical development of junior staff
* Perform condition assessments and site visits as needed
+ Bachelor's degree + 6 years of related experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education
+ Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related discipline
+ Master's Degree or PhD in Structural or Civil Engineering
+ Ten (10) years or more of related experience
+ Professional Engineering (PE) License in State of California
+ California SE License preferred
+ Knowledge of concrete and structural steel design
+ CAD, REVIT Skills
+ Knowledge of computer analysis and design software such as SAP, RISA, and Enercalc.
+ Proficient in current applicable codes (IBC, ASCE 7, ACI 318, AISC 360, and USACE Engineering Manuals)
+ Experience preparing technical reports, calculation packages, plans and specifications
+ Excellent oral and written communication skills.
+ Ability to multi-task and be flexible and able to adapt to rapidly changing project requirements and deadlines
+ Ability to apply passion and enthusiasm for design in a collaborative and progressive team-oriented work environment
+ This position does not include sponsorship for United States work authorization.
+ Relocation assistance is not provided for this role.
**What We Offer**
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
**Job Category** Engineering - Structural
**Business Line** Water
**Business Group** Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
**Country** United States of America
**Position Status** Full-Time
**Requisition/Vacancy No.** 254281BR
**Additional Locations** US - Sacramento, CA - 2020 L St
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.