Are you looking for a fulfilling position where you can help adults with disabilities? Odyssey Life Center is looking for Direct Care Staff to help care for adults with autism.
This is an entry level position with a competitive starting wage scale. We are currently looking for people in the Folsom/Sacramento area to work at our adult day program and to help our clients access and engage in the community.
We utilize a multi-dimensional teaching approach for communication, and vocational skill training. We are looking for dedicated individuals who want to make a difference and have an interest in special needs adults. We transport our Clients to and from places within the community in the greater Sacramento area. You must be at least 21 years of age.
Our employment opportunities include:
We want to invest in quality people to join our team!
Duties include but are not limited to:
· Assist adults in daily living activities, including but not limited to: Self-help, communication objectives, behavior plans, community integration, socialization, pre-vocation and/or vocational goals.
· Implementation of program design in person centered thinking.
· Must perform light facility cleaning/chores. This includes cooking, housecleaning, and administrative support.
· Safely and effectively implement crisis intervention principles as taught during post-hire training
· Assist in establishing a positive environment and respond to the individual needs of clients.
· Follow Odyssey Life Centers policy for client community-based instruction and safety awareness
· Dispense and log medications.
· Must be able to drive clients during work hours.
· Report any and all of the center’s needs, safety concerns, incident, and injury or health concerns.
· Write clear and accurate reports pertaining to incidents or injuries with the support of the program administrator/site coordinator.
· Record data as outlined by program administrator/site coordinator.
· Communicate professionally and effectively with clients, their parents, service providers, supervisors, coworkers and any other necessary individuals (i.e. people in the community, etc.).
· Must be able to lift 50 IBS, run, traverse stairs, and have the physical agility to avoid aggressive behaviors.
· Maintain confidentiality regarding client information.
We are looking for motivated, reliable, hardworking individuals who want to help make a difference in the lives of adults with autism. All applicants must possess a valid California driver’s license and be 21 years of age (for insurance purposes), must have a high school diploma or GED/equivalent, must be able to swim and ultimately be water certified. Employment is contingent on physical/TB, fingerprint clearance and DMV driver record printout. Applications can be found on our web site at Odysseylearningcenter.org
EMAIL RESUMES TO: MGERWER@ODYSSEYLEARNINGCENTER.ORG
Thank you in advance,
Human Resource Department
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $16.00 per hour
Work Location: One location