United States of America - California, Sacramento
**AECOM** is seeking a HEC-RAS Subject Matter Expert to be based in Sacramento, CA.
At AECOM, we believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it’s improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
We take on the most complex challenges and pioneer innovative, iconic solutions that push the limits of what’s possible – the world’s longest cable-stayed bridge, record-breaking sports events, the largest greenfield port development mega project, life-sustainingdisaster recovery programs, and the tallest tower in the Western Hemisphere.
On projects spanning transportation, buildings, water, energy and the environment, we deliver professional services throughout the project lifecycle.
We are proud to be recognized for excellence:
+ Named one of _Fortune_ magazine's "World's Most Admired Companies" for the sixth consecutive year
+ Ranked #1 in _Engineering News-Record_ ’s 2020 “Top 200 Environmental Firms”
+ Ranked #1 in Transportation and General Building in _Engineering News-Record_ ’s 2020 “Top 500 Design Firms”
+ VIQTORY 2020 Military Friendly® Gold Employer
* Local expert on providing technical leadership in a specialty area, often for a district.
* Keeps informed of new developments and requirements affecting the organization for the purpose of recommending changes in programs and applications.
* Interprets, organizes, executes and coordinates assignments.
* Makes decisions independently on technical problems and methods, and represents the organization in conferences to resolve important questions and to plan and coordinate work.
* Applies advanced or state-of-the-art knowledge and experience to resolve crucial issues and/or unique conditions. The knowledge and expertise required for this level of work usually results from progressive experience.
* Supervision received is essentially administrative, with assignments given in terms of broad general objectives and limits.
BA/BS + 10 YORE or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education
USACE experience preferred
**What We Offer**
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
**Job Category** Engineering
**Business Line** Water
**Business Group** Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
**Country** United States of America
**Position Status** Part-time Variable
**Requisition/Vacancy No.** 255950BR
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.