United States of America - California, Sacramento
**AECOM** is seeking a Project Engineer to be based in Sacramento, California
**At AECOM, we’re delivering a better world.**
We believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it’s improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
Our clients trust us to bring together the best people, ideas, technical expertise and digital solutions to our work in transportation, buildings, water, the environment and new energy. We’re one global team – 47,000 strong – driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world.
Here, you will have freedom to grow in a world of opportunity.
We will give you the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you’re working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.
You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion – a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients.
We will encourage you to grow and develop your career with us through our technical and professional development programs and diverse career opportunities. We believe in leadership at all levels. No matter where you sit in the organization you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business.
We offer competitive pay and benefits, well-being programs to support you and your family, and the development resources you need to advance your career.
When you join us, you will connect and collaborate with a global network of experts – planners, designers, engineers, scientists, consultants, program and construction managers – leading the change toward a more sustainable and equitable future. Join us and let’s get started.
**DCSA—Program Management and Construction Management**
* As an industry leader in program and construction management, we partner with clients to support projects from concept to completion. From education, healthcare, transportation and water facilities to sports, leisure, cultural arts and other public gathering venues, we deliver on the promise of protecting our clients’ interests as our own and building partnerships with the communities we serve.
Candidate will be expected to work with and provide support for the on-site Construction Manager or the Senior Construction Manager and associated support team members including estimators, engineers, architects, contractors on corrections projects for California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation.
* Creates value to the customer by developing strong working relationships; proactive thinking and actions; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; problems solving and identifying continual improvements.
* Assists in preparation of construction monthly progress reports for presentations at team and executive session meetings by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing construction data and trends.
* Manages the RFI and submittal review process. Screens RFIs for errors and inconsistencies.
* Maintains project control logs including: Submittal, RFIs, PCOs, COs, Owner Requested Changes, Payments, Deficiency Notices, etc. in the Project’s MIS and confirms logs with Contractor on a weekly basis.
* Maintains and distributes current contract plans and specifications to the Team. Ensures RFIs are posted and current for the Inspectors’ use.
* Confirms contractor’s maintenance of record drawings and as-builts.
* Assists in coordinating field activities with State Inspectors, including: coordinates field activities with the Team, observes work in the field and assists Inspectors as necessary, and assists inspectors to prepare and manage Deficiency Notices.
* Develops Owner estimates for proposed change orders (PCOs), prepares PCO documentation, and provides evaluation of Contractor proposals when requested.
* Reviews and provides comments on Contractor’s monthly schedule updates.
* Monitors the response time for the submittal reviews and facilitates prompt closure to all open items.
* Monitors the response time for the RFI reviews and facilitates prompt closure to all open items.
* Assists in preparing meeting minutes.
* Assists in processing pay applications.
* Assists in coordinating site access.
* Assists in Punchlist coordination and Owner activities.
* Assists in the coordination of start-up, Activation and contract closeout activities.
* Prepares Contingency Reports.
* Documents, updates, monitors and reports project costs and trends against project contingencies.
* Assists in the review of pay applications for accuracy before forwarding to CDCR for approval.
* Prepares special reports as requested by the Program Manager.
* Other duties as directed.
* BA/BS + 2 YORE or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education
* BA/BS + 2 YORE or AA/AS (US) + 4 YORE or Diploma/Certificate (Canada) + 4 YORE or HS/GED + 6 YORE
* Sponsorship is not available for this position
* AECOM is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits program to meet the diverse needs of our employees. Depending on your employment status, AECOM benefits may include medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D and disability benefits, paid time off, leaves of absence, retirement benefits, voluntary benefits, perks, wellness and global well-being, and global EAP, Business Travel and Service Awards programs.
**What We Offer**
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
**Job Category** Engineering - Construction
**Business Line** PMCM
**Business Group** Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
**Country** United States of America
**Position Status** Full Time
**Requisition/Vacancy No.** 256692BR
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.