United States of America - California, San Francisco
**AECOM** is seeking a Senior Sustainability Planner preferably based in San Francisco or Sacramento, California or virtual/remote within a commutable distance to any AECOM office within the United States. The selected candidate will join the Sustainable Development Group, part of AECOM’s global Urbanism + Planning Practice Line. The primary emphasis of the group is to promote socioeconomic and environmental sustainability in urban design, city planning, and policy projects. This is accomplished through employing rigorous economic and strategic planning techniques and developing innovative analytical approaches to providing solutions for delivering sustainability in varied domestic and international contexts.
**At AECOM, we’re delivering a better world.**
We believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it’s improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
Our clients trust us to bring together the best people, ideas, technical expertise and digital solutions to our work in transportation, buildings, water, the environment and new energy. We’re one global team – 47,000 strong – driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world.
The Senior Sustainability Planner will focus on greenhouse gas mitigation, climate action planning, and sustainability/ESG projects for local government and other public agencies, as well as the corporate sector. This candidate will be responsible for helping to expand the group’s projects with commercial and corporate sector clients. Prior experience working with a range of organizations, such as cities, public agencies, corporate clients, and non-profits is preferred.
Qualified candidates will have excellent analytical and writing skills with education and/or professional background in sustainability, climate action planning and/or ESG advisory work. The candidate must have a demonstrated expertise in sustainability, with a particular emphasis on climate change.
Example Project Types:
* Climate Action Plans for cities, counties, and other public sector organizations of a range of sizes
* Sustainability and ESG advisory services for public and private sector clients
* Greenhouse gas inventories and emissions projections
* Cost-benefit analysis for climate adaptation and mitigation plans
* Energy efficiency / green building policy modeling
* Bachelor’s degree in city and regional planning, environmental policy, environmental engineering or related, plus four (4) years of related experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education
* Experience consulting in climate action planning essential, particularly policy and program design for cities and Counties
* Experience in sustainability and ESG planning for private sector
* Master’s degree in a relevant field (e.g., city and regional planning, environmental policy, environmental engineering) from an accredited university
* Demonstrated knowledge of local government climate change/sustainability policy and program development
* 6+ years of experience at a planning consulting firm, or equivalent with demonstrated experience conducting research and analysis, writing case studies and reports, leading proposal writing and winning work, and working as part of a team
* Excellent quantitative skills (advanced Excel skills)
* Excellent communication and writing skills are critical, experience at working within a budget
* Strong sense of commitment to sustainability, and a desire to work in a dynamic, deadline driven team environment
* Sponsorship is not available for this position
* Project related travel may be required for this position
**What We Offer**
We will give you the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you’re working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.
You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion – a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients.
We will encourage you to grow and develop your career with us through our technical and professional development programs and diverse career opportunities. We believe in leadership at all levels. No matter where you sit in the organization you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business.
We offer competitive pay and benefits, well-being programs to support you and your family, and the development resources you need to advance your career.
When you join us, you will connect and collaborate with a global network of experts – planners, designers, engineers, scientists, consultants, program and construction managers – leading the change toward a more sustainable and equitable future. Join us and let’s get started.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
**Job Category** Architecture and Design
**Business Line** B&P - Buildings & Places
**Business Group** Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
**Country** United States of America
**Position Status** Full Time
**Requisition/Vacancy No.** 258000BR
**Additional Locations** US - Atlanta, GA - 1360 Peachtree St NE, US - Boston, MA - One Federal St, US - Chicago, IL - 303 E Wacker Drive, US - Cleveland, OH - 1300 East 9th Street, US - Columbus, OH - 277 West Nationwide Blvd, US - Dallas, TX - 16000 Dallas Parkway, US - Houston, TX - 10550 Richmond Avenue, US - Los Angeles, CA - 300 S Grand Ave, US - New York, NY - 100 Park Ave, US - Orange, CA - 999 Town & Country Rd, US - Sacramento, CA - 2020 L St, US - San Diego, CA - 401 West A Street, US - Seattle, WA - 1111 3rd Avenue, US - Southfield, MI - 27777 Franklin Road
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.