**AECOM** has an opening for an Environmental Planner IV in Oakland, CA. The candidate will primarily lead environmental clearance and associated work on roadway transportation projects on the State highway facilities. Work will include interaction with senior project managers and task leaders; California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) staff; and representatives from cities, counties, and local, regional, state, and federal agencies. May serve as a project manager, deputy project manager, task manager, or technical specialist depending on the project assignment.
**At AECOM, we’re delivering a better world.**
We believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it’s improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
Our clients trust us to bring together the best people, ideas, technical expertise and digital solutions to our work in transportation, buildings, water, the environment and new energy. We’re one global team – 47,000 strong – driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world.
* Responding to a variety of ongoing requests to support Caltrans projects, including refining task needs, scoping and costing tasks, and identifying and assigning staff
* Providing oversight, authority, and accountability for projects
* Overseeing multiple projects simultaneously within scope/budget/schedule expectations and ensuring quality standards on project deliverables
* Providing leadership in mentoring personnel
* Research, writing, and impact analysis for a wide range of CEQA and NEPA documents
* Subconsultant and technical staff management
* Financial management and reporting on ongoing tasks
* Environmental permitting support; and Meeting coordination and moderation.
About AECOM’s Environment Business Line
Join AECOM to be part of an expert global team who is connected through a well-developed, worldwide, internal technical practice network through which you can learn from and brainstorm with the best in the world. AECOM is an industry-leading, world class environmental firm, and we want you to succeed within it. We respect and encourage your own pathway to excellence via our Freedom to Grow initiative.
AECOM is known for our award-winning technical excellence, leading-edge science and innovative project delivery. We provide sustainable solutions for some of the world’s most challenging issues. Our global clients and their projects are diverse and interesting. They span market sectors and geographies and require innovative technical solutions to solve wide-ranging environmental problems within diverse community profiles.
AECOM’s Sustainable Legacies program describes our approach to the environment, social equity and governance (ESG.) We embed sustainability throughout our business and help clients embed sustainable practices into their work. We help clients reduce their impact on the environment, achieve compliance and reduce risks.
* Bachelor's Degree in Environmental Planning or related field and 6+ years of years of experience in successfully coordinating and managing CEQA/NEPA document preparation and technical studies for Caltrans projects or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education.
* 8+ years of experience in successfully coordinating and managing CEQA/NEPA document preparation and technical studies for Caltrans projects
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as interpersonal skills to effectively manage projects and interact with teams of staff, subconsultants, and clients
* Ability to write a range of CEQA and NEPA documents and supporting technical documentation for Caltrans projects
* Ability to work independently and demonstrate a high level of competence and experience in working with teams, clients, subcontractors, and regulatory personnel
* Exceptional detail orientation and attention to quality
* Experience in marketing and business development efforts in pursuit of new projects.
**What We Offer**
We will give you the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you’re working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.
You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion – a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients.
We will encourage you to grow and develop your career with us through our technical and professional development programs and diverse career opportunities. We believe in leadership at all levels. No matter where you sit in the organization you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business.
We offer competitive pay and benefits, well-being programs to support you and your family, and the development resources you need to advance your career.
When you join us, you will connect and collaborate with a global network of experts – planners, designers, engineers, scientists, consultants, program and construction managers – leading the change toward a more sustainable and equitable future. Join us and let’s get started.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
**Job Category** Planning
**Business Line** Environment
**Business Group** Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
**Country** United States of America
**Position Status** Full Time
**Requisition/Vacancy No.** 263263BR
**Additional Locations** US - Sacramento, CA - 2020 L St, US - San Francisco, CA - 300 California Street, US - San Jose , CA 95113 4 N. Second Street, Suite 675
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.