The Community Property Representative will provide the Housing Authority's primary interface with tenants at our various properties. Community Property Representative's may reside at the designated property and will be responsible for monitoring the property for security issues, ensuring that the property is maintained in accordance to standards, reporting and/or correcting maintenance problems, showing units, and assisting with inspections. While most of the work is done during normal business hours, this position is expected to be on call after business hours and on the weekends, and may have call out responsibilities at other properties as necessary.
General Property Management
- Collect delinquent rents
- Draft notices including lease violations, 3-day and 30 day notices
- Prepare weekly and daily reports, resident communication and move-in/move/out processes
- Show vacant units to perspective tenants as requested by the central office staff, secure vacant units, and provide vacancy update to central staff
- Document and communicate tenant complaints and requests to Regional Community Manager and Central Office
- Report maintenance problems as needed including submitting online maintenance requests
- Orient and instruct new tenants on property operations and appliance/equipment operation
- Assist in organizing, planning and implementing unit inspections and resident activities
- Maintain tenant list
- Enforce all property rules including parking/valid vehicle registration requirements
- Update signage, maintain front door entry programming and alarm system information
- Maintain calendars for community rooms and distribute and post notices and announcements.
- Respond to alarms (such as fire and nurse pull alarms) and resolve or refer emergencies to appropriate personnel and authorities
- Inform Regional Community Manager and Central Office staff of potential or actual tenant lease violations
- Establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with tenant, co-workers and management
- Attend resident meetings and trainings as required
- Place recycling bins in parking lots before pick-u, and return bins after pick-up
- Respond to telephone calls and emails in a timely manner
- Provide cover for other Property Community Managers at other sites during absences
- Participate in the annual income certification process for existing and new residents including scheduling appointments, collecting documentation, completing, filing and scanning certification paperwork
- Process incoming rents in Yardi Daily and Weekly Community Upkeep
- Walk the full property at the start and end of each day and note any maintenance needs, hazardous conditions, graffiti, or lease violations. Report on the daily log and submit to Regional Community Manager and Central Office corrective action items
- May perform general light custodial work including picking up debris in common areas
- Ensure that property maintains attractive "curb appeal" at all times.
- High school diploma or general education and one year related experience in property management
- Property Management experience preferably consists of 50 units or more and with affordable housing (tax credit) required.
- Experience providing customer service/ and working with social services programs preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively in English both verbally and in writing
SHRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
As a condition of employment with SHRA, this employee will be required to complete a COVID-19 vaccination recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (including for emergency use) and provide proof of vaccination to the Human Resources Department prior to employment.