Foothill Fire Protection, Inc. - Rocklin, CA
Foothill Fire Protection, Inc. is a highly motivated, relentlessly dedicated, and fluidly efficient team that is focused on providing the best fire protection products and services available with an emphasis on excellent customer service.
We are looking for a Fire Alarm Systems Designer in our Rocklin branch. We offer tremendous opportunities to those individuals in the fire protection/life safety marketplace. Willing to train with CAD experience.
- Be a team member in our Design Department performing integral functions. From providing strategic efficient designs, code compliant automatic fire protection systems effective in detecting, containing, notifying, controlling and/or extinguishing fires in new facilities and renovation projects.
- Have proficient knowledge in current codes such as CFC, CBC, CMC, NEC, NFPA, and AHJ local requirements.
- Assist the Sales Department in the interpretation of project requirements for competitive proposals.
- Have proficient knowledge in the use of AutoCAD.
- Have proficient knowledge of the product lines and related parts.
- Ability to learn systems and technologies for low voltage systems, security, surveillance, access control and emergency communication systems.
- Provide design work per company drafting standards and procedures.
- Actively participate in personal and professional development and maintain knowledge of current and new technologies in field.
- Promote a team environment, safety, and assisting in the sharing of abilities and knowledge.
- Attend project turn over meetings with design supervisor, sales and operations.
- Prepare submittal documents, applications for permit and follow up through the approval process.
- Maintain project drawings, associated records, and documentation within our structured file system.
- Help develop and maintain our library of symbols & drawings (templates).
- Operation of plotter, scanner, and reproduction equipment.
- Be able to work independently, foreseeing obstacles and challenges with minimal supervision.
- To continue one’s education and certifications in our industry.
- Computer Aided Design or equivalent experience in design.
- AutoCAD software training and experience.
- Proficient with all basic computer skills and computer software applications including but not limited to MS Office & AutoCAD 2004 or higher.
- Strong ability to follow directions given by supervisor to develop/design drawings.
- Excellent organization, written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to read construction documents.
- Team Player - Able to work well with customers and team members.
- Strong drive and work ethic, above average performance.
- Eager to learn and desire to continually improve.
- Honest, reliable, and punctual.
- Valid driver’s license and excellent driving record.
- Fire Certifications a plus.
- NICET Certification a plus.
Job Type Full-time
- Great company culture
- Long-term opportunity potential
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive health benefits available after 90 days
- 401(k) plan per company policy
- Paid Vacation & Holidays per company policy
- Monday - Friday
- Full-time 40 hours
- This is NOT a remote position