Foothill Fire Protection, Inc. - Rocklin, CA
Foothill Fire Protection, Inc. is a highly motivated, relentlessly dedicated, and fluidly efficient team that is focused on providing the best fire protection products and services available with an emphasis on excellent customer service. Our strength is generated from our commitment to our clients, our industry, and our employees.
We are looking for a highly reliable and motived candidate to fill the position of Fire Protection Designer Trainee Admin. This challenging and fast paced position will require a personable candidate with experience in organization, communication, and computer aided drafting. In this role, you will assist in the design and submission of fire protection systems in industrial, commercial, healthcare, and educational construction projects.
- Review construction contract documents and coordinate with project managers, sub-contractors, and General Contractor/owner to gather the required information to design the project sprinkler system.
- Coordination between FFP and Authority Having Jurisdiction to submit and review and approved physical and electronic construction plans. Obtain various information required to design Fire systems.
- Using analytical thinking and problem solving, determine construction feasibility and systems possibilities.
- Coordinate between disciplines and produce working documents using AutoCAD and 3D software.
- Communicate effectively with all parties involved in the design and construction process.
- Create stock list for all material required throughout the project.
- Develop initial schedules for preliminary project work.
- Maintain design historical records for future use.
- Develop positive and ongoing relationships with customers to ensure company is meeting client expectations.
- Coordinate with other departments within office to ensure proper handover of job information.
- Complete other assigned responsibilities as directed by immediate supervisor or other FFP management personnel.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Must have basic computer skills with proficiency in writing emails and use of Microsoft Office software.
- Proficiency in Revit, AutoCAD, and/or 3D BIM is a plus.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure, juggle and prioritize multiple projects and adjust work accordingly, often against tight deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact with senior management, external client organizations and vendors.
- Must be quality minded and self-motivated.
- Must have valid Driver’s License and clean DMV record
Candidate Training Requirements
- NICET certification.
- Gain strong knowledge of NFPA standards primarily 13, 14, 20, 22, 24, 25 and CFC.
- Develop technical expertise during the design phase (schematic, design development) to coordinate spaces required for those systems.
- Develop skills to layout and size equipment, perform hydraulic calculations, perform load calculations, and investigate code requirements.
- Gain knowledge of MEP Cad (AutoSprink) software and/or AutoCAD & HydraCAD software
Job Type: Full-time
- Great company culture
- Long-term opportunity potential
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive health benefits available after 90 days
- 401(k) plan per company policy
- Paid Vacation & Holidays per company policy
- Monday to Friday
- Full time 40 hours
- This is not a remote position