SHRA is seeking an exceptional, team-oriented candidate to join our Finance department as an Accountant. This individual will have the opportunity to perform meaningful and important work for an agency dedicated to providing affordable housing in the most impacted region of the nation. The primary purpose of this position is to perform technical and professional accounting functions in the analysis, interpretation, recording, and reporting of the Agency's financial transactions.
Purpose:To perform technical and professional accounting functions in the analysis, interpretation, recording and reporting of the Agency's financial transactions.
• Respond to e-mail, telephone and inter-office mail inquiries
• Use Excel, Access, Word and other Agency software to prepare forms, correspondence, reports and spreadsheets
• Generate and distribute monthly financial reports and review with staff
• Download Finance Enterprise Reports to spreadsheets
• Prepare and update spreadsheet reports
• Prepare budgets, financial statements and related schedules for HUD, enterprise funds and HCD grants
• Prepare quarterly and semi-annual financial reports for HUD grants and Federal Cash Transactions
• Prepare annual state financial report
• Prepare financial portion of grant applications
Analysis & Reconciliation
• Review financial data to check for posting and reporting errors
• Check balance sheet accounts, revenues and expenditures for accuracy and reasonableness
• Investigate discrepancies in journal entries and correct as needed
• Prepare and review HUD debt schedule
• Reconcile HUD fiscal agent statements, Tenants' Accounts Receivable (TARS) and Family Self Sufficiency (FSS) and Modernization and Acquisition Rehabilitation
• Create Journals for adjusting, correcting, or balancing entries, with supporting documentation for audit purposes.
• Assist with compilation of Agency budget
• Gather data to help project current revenue, expenses and year-end fund balances
• Assist divisions with expenditure budgets
• Create and input budget amendments Agency Annual Financial Statements
• Prepare audit work papers by fund and prepare supporting schedules
• Review General Ledger accounts
• Maintain backup files of external documents to support balance sheet accounts
• Provide information and documentation to auditors regarding financial transactions and policies
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor's degree plus three years or Associate's degree plus 5 years preferred.
Previous work experience doing accounting/finance work in a Public Agency (municipal, county, or special district) is strongly preferred for this position.
SHRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
As a condition of employment with SHRA, this employee will be required to complete a COVID-19 vaccination recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (including for emergency use) and provide proof of vaccination to the Human Resources Department prior to employment.