AECOM has a position available for a Lead Electrical Protection & Controls Engineer to support our growing Energy Business Line. This position may be located at any one of AECOM's multiple Energy offices in the United States. The focus of your experience must be in the power industry and be associated with electrical engineering, the design of HV and MV substations, HV transmission systems, and MV distribution systems. This is an excellent opportunity for an engineer with a strong technical background who is seeking to further his/her career into an engineering leadership role
The responsibilities of this role include, but may not be limited to, the following:
* Responsible for the electrical engineering design work on assigned projects
* Provide leadership for the other electrical engineers in our Power group
* Working with Project Engineer and Project Manager on developing design schedules and budgets for electrical engineering work activities
* Performing Power system studies (load flow, short circuit, protective coordination, arc flash analysis)
* One line and three-line diagrams
* Protective relay and metering one line / three-line diagrams
* Experience with distance relays, line differential relays, transformer differential relays, bus differential relays, breaker failure relays, arc-flash detection relays, feeder protection relays, motor protection relays, generator interconnection relays, and reverse power relays.
* Designing main-tie-main transfer scheme logic for medium-voltage and low-voltage switchgear, and prepared transfer scheme operation narratives.
* Field experience including witnessing testing of switchgear, and commissioning protective relays by troubleshooting and resolving deficiencies.
* Performing CT saturation calculations to verify CT accuracy class.
* Conducting arc-flash hazard calculations to determine arc-flash boundaries and required PPE
* Provide recommendations to reduce incident energy levels.
* Developing control system layouts
* AC/DC schematics
* Panel Layouts
* Equipment layouts and sectional views
* Connection Diagrams
* Bill of Materials
* Cable Schedules
* DC power distribution design
* Developing construction and equipment specifications
* Supporting projects during construction, start-up, and commissioning
* Grounding Analysis and Design
* Reviewing engineering work performed by peers
* Attending client meetings
* Assist in the promotion of AECOM's capabilities while maintaining our existing client base and
Level specific responsibilities:
* Serves as lead engineer on mid- to large size projects.
* Provides specialized technical input to studies and design for staff's specific area of expertise, technical expertise for studies and design efforts, and presents complex technical solutions to clients.
* Performs quality control reviews of work developed by others.
* Participates in development of technical proposals.
* Provides estimates for the engineering budget and schedule
**_For this role, AECOM offers the freedom and flexibility to work remotely and/or be located at a variety of Energy offices in multiple locations across the United States through our Freedom to Grow program_** .
_AECOM’s Freedom to Grow program gives employees and managers more flexibility in determining both working schedules and work locations. Our Freedom to Grow program maximizes employee wellbeing and improves our sustainability goals while still delivering the best solutions to our clients. We are challenging the status quo and strengthening gender equity and inclusion in the workplace through a culture and balance that works for both you and AECOM._
At AECOM, we believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it’s improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
We take on the most complex challenges and pioneer innovative, iconic solutions that push the limits of what’s possible – the world’s longest cable-stayed bridge, record-breaking sports events, the largest greenfield port development mega project, life-sustainingdisaster recovery programs, and the tallest tower in the Western Hemisphere.
On projects spanning transportation, buildings, water, energy and the environment, we deliver professional services throughout the project lifecycle.
We are proud to be recognized for excellence:
+ Named one of _Fortune_ magazine's "World's Most Admired Companies" for the sixth consecutive year
+ Ranked #1 in _Engineering News-Record_ ’s 2020 “Top 200 Environmental Firms”
+ Ranked #1 in Transportation and General Building in _Engineering News-Record_ ’s 2020 “Top 500 Design Firms”
+ VIQTORY 2020 Military Friendly® Gold Employer
AECOM’s Energy practice provides a wide range of services from consulting and engineering design to engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) for power, energy efficiency, and renewable energy clients. Our understanding of the big picture – and the interconnection between generation, distribution, storage, and behind the meter services – allows us to deliver holistic strategies that improve and modernize next generation energy infrastructure. We connect knowledge and experience across our global framework to bring together a unique combination of engineers, planners, scientists, and project managers who advance cleaner, secure, and more sustainable energy solutions.
+ Bachelor’s degree in engineering
+ 8+ years of relevant experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education.
+ Experience must include electrical power engineering coupled with some leadership experience.
+ Professional Engineer (P.E.) license required
+ Occasional travel required to other AECOM locations and Client sites
+ Pre-employment verification of motor vehicle record will be conducted
+ Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering is preferred
+ 10+ Years of experience protection and controls related experience as an Electrical Engineer
+ Power systems analysis software experience (ASPEN OneLiner, ETAP, SKM Power Tools, AcSELerator, EnerVista, etc.)
+ Familiarity with industry codes and standards (NEC, NESC, IEEE, etc).
+ Able to lead engineering tasks with strong communication skills (written and verbal)
+ Experience on full EPC, Design/Build projects from start to finish.
+ Plant Startup and Commissioning Field Experience
+ Offered rate of compensation (Colorado locations only) will be based on individual education, qualifications, experience, and work location. The salary range for this position is $103,690 - $191,826 annually exempt.
+ AECOM is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits program to meet the diverse needs of our employees. Depending on your employment status, AECOM benefits may include medical, dental, vision, life, AD&D and disability benefits, paid time off, leaves of absence, retirement benefits, voluntary benefits, perks, wellness and global well-being, and global EAP, Business Travel and Service Awards programs.
**What We Offer**
We will give you the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you’re working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.
You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion – a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients.
We will encourage you to grow and develop your career with us through our technical and professional development programs and diverse career opportunities. We believe in leadership at all levels. No matter where you sit in the organization you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business.
We offer competitive pay and benefits, well-being programs to support you and your family, and the development resources you need to advance your career.
When you join us, you will connect and collaborate with a global network of experts – planners, designers, engineers, scientists, consultants, program and construction managers – leading the change toward a more sustainable and equitable future. Join us and let’s get started.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
**Job Category** Engineering - Power
**Business Line** Energy
**Business Group** Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
**Country** United States of America
**Position Status** Full Time
**Requisition/Vacancy No.** 256976BR
**Additional Locations** US - Dallas, TX - 16000 Dallas Parkway, US - Houston, TX - 19219 Katy Freeway, US - Los Angeles, CA - 300 S Grand Ave, US - Minneapolis, MN Suite 1100 800 S LaSalle Ave, US - New Orleans, LA - 1000 S. Jefferson Davis Blvd, US - New York, NY - 100 Broadway, 3rd + 4th Floors, US - Oakland, CA - 300 Lakeside Drive
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.