• 40 hours per week (May include Saturdays)
To courteously and effectively answer telephone and direct calls, receive and
direct guests and appointments, and provide basic cemetery-site location
information to callers and walk-in public.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
All Diocesan employees represent the Diocese of Sacramento, and in doing so are
expected to conduct themselves according to the goals and mission of the Diocese
in the performance of their work.
• Greet public and guests and direct them to proper destinations
• Check/Clean arrangement rooms after each family.
• Assist visitors and callers with basic information and directions.
• Receive and route calls to proper destination
• Maintain accurate FSA rotation
• Check/fill stock levels of forms, maps, pens, customer information & candy
• Take and deliver messages accurately and promptly
• Sorts and files various materials
• Facilitate with memorial marker processes
• Set up chapel for Mass or other services
• May input data on computer
• Performs related duties as requested by manager
Any combination of experience and education likely to provide the required
knowledge, skills and abilities, typically:
• High School Diploma or equivalent
• One year of related work experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Rites and traditions of the Roman Catholic Church
• Address protocols of clergy and religious
• Moderate office methods and procedures
• Current Microsoft word processing applications
• Telephone communications
• Dealing with the general public
• Communicate effectively in written and oral form
• Bilingual English/Spanish
• Display a high degree of professionalism, patience and courtesy towards
patrons, clergy, visitors, and co- workers
• Maintain confidentiality
• Operate telephone equipment
• Type a minimum of 40 wpm
• Position involves standing, walking and extended periods of sitting.
Requires ability to frequently exert up to 10 pounds of force to move
objects and occasionally exert up to 30 pounds.
• Filing and retrieving documents from bookcase and single or multi-drawer
cabinets up to 5 feet high. Must be able to reach above the shoulder for
upper drawers or shelves, or crouch to reach lower drawers or shelves.
• Perform tasks requiring intermittent bending, stooping and walking
• Sustain frequent movement of the fingers, wrists, hand and arms
These requirements are representative of the minimum levels of knowledge, skills
and/or abilities. Responsibilities may vary according to the size and activity of
cemetery, and whether the cemetery has an on-site mortuary.