POSITION TITLE: Lead Case Manager (DN2S5711)
DEPARTMENT: Sacramento Social Services
REPORTS TO: Next Step Transitional Living Center Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-exempt (hourly)
The Salvation Army is a branch of the Christian Church and the ultimate goal of all programs is a spiritual regeneration of all people.
The purpose of this position is to assist clients of the Next Step Transitional Living Center Program in their efforts to maintain sobriety and to prepare for and access affordable housing. It is also to assist clients with job search skills, job placement and achieve a level of self-sufficiency to stay in housing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Adheres to agency’s policies and procedures.
- Provides holistic case management to clients within the Next Step Transitional Living Center Program. Case management tasks will include intake, assessment, information and referral, housing case management, application assistance, placement, and follow-up services.
- Provide case management geared to housing assistance and job development. Employment services will include job preparation, job search, and workshops. Housing case management will include intake, assessment, information and referral, including application assistance, placement, and follow-up services.
- Implements case management standards as required by all funding sources including Salvation Army
- Establishes and maintains a housing referral system for clients, including landlords, rental agencies, management companies, local and regional housing authorities.
- Assists in coordinating periodic workshops for clients and potential clients on housing, employment and related issues.
- Assists in coordinating and assigning clients to various onsite AA, NA and processing groups. As well as maintaining a list of other community and Salvation Army programs which assist with the maintaining of sobriety.
- Maintains accurate and confidential case records on each client served.
- Enters, tracks and reviews Bridges client data.
- Ensures Case Management sessions are available to each client at least twice a month. As Lead Case Manager you will be responsibility for assigning the Case Manager their client caseload, as well as recruiting and monitoring Case Manager Interns to ensure ample Case Management is available to Next Step clients.
- Attends trainings as required by The Salvation Army.
- Completes and submits all required paperwork in a timely fashion as designated by the supervisor. Meets deadlines and department productivity demands.
- Coordinates with the Next Step Supervisor to ensure house rules are being followed, proper discipline and accountability is being enforced/maintained, and to UA clients upon intake, suspicion of use and/or at random intervals.
- Works with Next Step Supervisor to assist with monitoring the front desk.
- Acts as role model within and outside the agency.
- Maintains a positive respectful attitude.
- Communicates regularly with supervisor about program issues.
- Consistently reports to work on time prepared to perform duties of position.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND OTHER QUALIFICATIONS
AA degree in a related social services field, one to three years of experience or a combination of education and experience. Experience working in the housing arena, accessing housing for clients, conducting case management and providing outreach and education services.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Must possess a valid California Class C Driver License, and ability to drive a Salvation Army vehicle
- Must be 21 years or older.
- Complete The Salvation Army vehicle course training.
- Authorize The Salvation Army to add name to the CA DMV Pull Notice Program
To perform this job successfully, the incumbent must be able to perform the essential duties with or without accommodation.