Position: Parish Outreach Coordinator
Location: St. Mary Cemetery and Funeral Center
Position Status: Full Time
Schedule: Monday – Sunday; Days with some Evenings and Weekends
Supervisor: Director of Parish & Community Outreach or another manager as may be assigned.
Under general supervision, the Parish Outreach Coordinator engages and supports all Catholic Parishes and third-party events within the service area of Catholic Funeral and Cemetery Services (CFCS) promoting the cemetery and funeral services provided by CFCS. This is accomplished through broad outreach activities designed to educate families about the benefits of Pre-Planning their funeral and cemetery services in the Catholic community. There is no mortuary work associated with this position.
The Parish Outreach Coordinator will perform a wide variety of duties which require exercising good judgment and discretion. The Parish Outreach Coordinator must be able to act in partnership with the Director of Parish and Community Outreach and is expected to determine when and how tasks are successfully accomplished. The Coordinator must work on a variety of events, building attendance, and giving presentations following masses or promoting weekday and weekend events.
- Represent CFCS within the Diocese, which includes meeting with Priests, Deacons, Parish staff, Parish Ministries, and their respective congregation.
- Set up, breakdown and coordinate registration of events
- Develop custom announcements and presentations to address specific audiences.
- Support relationships within parishes and make presentations to their parishioners.
- Support relationships within parish ministries and make presentations to their members.
- Provide information to parishes and families allowing them to make well informed pre-need and at-need cemetery and/or funeral arrangements.
- Plan, coordinate, and conduct Parish outreach events including set up, breakdown and registration.
- Plan, coordinate, and conduct Lunch & Learn style events including set-up, breakdown and registration.
- Plan, coordinate, and conduct third party community events including set-up breakdown and registration.
- Connect with affiliate groups and organizations.
- Organize, schedule, and lead meetings with Priests and Parish Staff to review Outreach program objectives.
- Manage customer satisfaction surveys.
- Write, produce, and deliver Quarterly Newsletter to database
- Continue to grow database.
- Manage and conduct all facets of outreach program deliverables.
- Assist in marketing plan creation and delivery.
- Manage Parish bulletin announcements and advertisements.
- Create and maintain support materials such as brochures, flyers, and cards.
- Create and assist in the development of a Grief Ministry support/training program & associated materials.
- Assign web leads and outreach leads to Family Service Advisors (FSA) via the designated CRM.
- Help compile Parish Outreach/Event monthly and quarterly performance reports.
- Maintains Outreach Calendar.
- Performs other duties as may be assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Associates Degree is preferred
- Minimum one or more (1+) years of broad outreach or education experience working directly with the public and making effective presentations. Working in a non-profit environment is a plus.
- A comparable combination of formal education and work experience will be considered.
- Bi-Lingual Preferred – Spanish or Tagalog
CERTIFICATES OR LICENSES REQUIRED:
- Valid State of California Driver's License and must pass a background check
SKILLS / KNOWLEDGE:
- Practicing Catholic with general knowledge and understanding of the Catholic Church
- Displays proficiency in Microsoft Office Products (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook)
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written form using correct spelling, grammar, and punctuation
- Demonstrate excellent listening, written, and verbal communication skills. Excellent phone skills are a must
- Strong organizational skills:
- handle multiple assignments simultaneously and consecutively
- Know how to prioritize workload and handle high volume
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Demonstrate a professional temperament and appearance
- Ability to work and relate to a variety of personalities and cultures with diplomacy, friendliness, and poise; ability to work in a team-oriented environment
- Physical Requirements:
- Sitting, standing, walking, driving and some light lifting
- There is no mortuary work or contact with decedents