The Floating Plant Manager is responsible for coordinating job duties & activities of employees engaged in delivering concrete products. As well as for ensuring a good working environment within the assigned plant, adherence to all policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (including the following; other duties may be assigned)
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Oversees and manages all plant personnel. Responsible for coaching, guiding, counseling and progressive discipline of direct reports in partnership with HR.
- Interviews and makes hiring decisions in partnership with recruiting.
- Ensures that all new hires satisfactorily complete any assigned training.
- Partners with plant production and yard personnel to establish delivery schedules according to factors such as truck capacities, distances to delivery site, and unloading times to ensure quality and customer service excellence.
- Partners with customer service representatives regarding scheduled times for customer deliveries.
- Generates invoices, delivery tickets, and related shipping documents in a timely manner.
- Assigns drivers for scheduled deliveries of concrete products ensuring adherence with seniority practices.
- Generates reports of cash and charge sales in a timely manner.
- Strives to meet customer expectations without exception and achieve highly positive customer satisfaction.
- Jointly coordinates with operations and sales to resolve problems and improve quality of service as needed and in a timely manner.
- Develops working relationships with internal customers in order to ensure customer needs are addressed as needed and in a timely manner.
- Records quantity of sand, cement, gravel, and water required for each mix on loading ticket.
- Prepares invoices, delivery tickets, relating shipping documents, and assigns drivers for scheduled deliveries.
- Prepares cash and charge sales reports for shipments from drivers.
- Maintains radio contact with drivers to expedite deliveries at all times.
- May recommend to management improvements in procedures to improve customer service.
- Adhere to all Company and O.S.H.A. rules and regulations at all times and wear proper safety equipment while on plant grounds and job sites.
- Meet or exceed company safety standards.
- Perform other job responsibilities as assigned by management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Excellent communication skills oral and written
- Conflict resolution skills
- Coaching, guiding and leading skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Walk, sit, lift, push, pull, and climb to a significant degree
- Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or a negligible amount of force frequently
- Job involves sitting most of the time, but also involves walking or standing for brief periods of time
- The employee is regularly required to talk and hear, in order to communicate to employees/visitors as well as function safely around heavy rolling equipment
- Must be able to perform all job functions which include, but may not be limited to, pushing, turning, and/or pulling of controls
- Continuous exposure to extreme heat, extreme cold, extreme noise, and working outdoors
- Must wear protective equipment while at the location
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full time position working 40 hours per week to include overtime as needed or required. Workdays are Monday through Friday with Saturday work as needed. Hours fluctuate depending on work load and orders.
Required Education and Experience
- 1 – 2 years of dispatching experience preferred
- 1 to 2 years of people management experience in a similar role
- Excel, Word, Power Point mid-level experience.
- Knowledge of O.S.H.A rules and regulations
Preferred Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or other related field
- Supervisory or Management training completion
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
A&A Concrete Supply , Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
A&A Concrete Supply, started in 1989 with a single plant in Sacramento, CA. Today, it’s expanded with plants in Auburn, Chico, Colfax, Fairfield, Grass Valley, Lincoln, Stockton, Tracy, and Yuma. From sidewalks to skyscrapers, we pour it all. You dream it. We’ll pour it. No job too small. No job too large. We’ve got it covered.