Clayton Homes, a Berkshire Hathaway company and the nation's leading housing provider, is a vertically integrated housing company that builds, sells, finances, and insures affordable housing. Our commitment to creating a World Class Customer Experience is unparalleled in the housing industry and we believe it begins with a World Class Team Member Experience. From entry-level to more experienced positions, we're actively recruiting individuals who are passionate, positive, and eager to learn. We then equip those individuals for success, whether you're in the office, in the field, or on the floor. As a member of our team you'll enjoy excellent benefits, opportunities for growth, and an encouraging culture that supports a work / life balance.
Our building facility in Sacramento, CA is searching for a Maintenance Technician to join the team. This position is responsible for all aspects of equipment readiness and maintenance for all plant operations and building facilities. This includes ensuring repair, upkeep, and maintenance of all facility equipment as well as overseeing all maintenance processes and procedures. This is a non-exempt that reports to our Production Manager.
- Directs the analysis of mechanical and operational problems on plant equipment, overseeing the planning and implementation of corrective action
- Represents the company in dealing with outside contractors, vendors, and consultants as it relates to the maintenance of the facility
- Oversee the continuous monitoring of production and process equipment for proper operation through routine inspections
- Create, implement, and maintain preventative maintenance program of production including inspection of plant equipment and inventory for replenishing parts
- Maintain documentation, machine history, and all other appropriate documentation for production equipment, including the records of tool and equipment use throughout the facility, as well as inspecting or if necessary, requesting replacement for any tools / equipment
- Maintain organization of Maintenance Repair Area and any other area where repair work is in progress
- Fabrication, welding, design, and other duties that ensure successful company operation
Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- A minimum of 3-years’ experience in a manufacturing maintenance related field.
- Working knowledge / hands-on general maintenance experience in welding, hydraulics, pneumatic, fabrication, and electrical operations. Electrical to include single phase and three phase.
- Must be able to walk, climb, lift loads of at least 50 lb. and perform such other physical duties as may be necessary to inspect all areas of the facility.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including exposure to Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must pass a pre-employment, post offer physical and drug test.
- Must be willing to be vaccinated
- Full-time team members have the flexibility to create their own health, dental, and vision benefits package. Clayton provides competitive 401K programs, including investment options and company matching for full and part time employees after one year to help our team members achieve their financial goals. Additional benefits include paid parental leave, tuition reimbursement, Employee Assistance Programs, and more.
- As part of Clayton’s commitment to Opening Doors to a Better Life, Clayton is now providing paid time for Team Members to volunteer to causes that are meaningful to them through the Clayton Impact program.
- Clayton is proud to have earned spots on the following Forbes lists: America’s Best Employers, America’s Best Employers by State, Best Employers for Diversity, Best Employers for Women.
- At Clayton, we encourage holistic wellness with physical, nutritional, social, financial, spiritual and occupational programs available online or in-person for team members.
Clayton is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Clayton is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.