401K, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision
Summary: Responsible for supervising the work of all Residential Caregivers and directing the provision of residential services in accordance with Community Care Licensing Title 22 regulations and Psynergy standards. Works to ensure that clients are properly supported in the facility from admit to discharge and sets the tone for staff interactions with clients. Acts in support of the Administrator and interfaces with Community Care Licensing in the absence of the Administrator.
Responsibilities and Duties:
· Responsible for facility management when Administrator is not on site including providing direction to other facility department heads.
· Interviews, hires and conducts performance reviews for Residential Caregivers
· Supervises the daily activities of all Residential Counselors including scheduling, training, support and discipline when needed.
· Plans, prioritizes, assigns, reviews, monitors and evaluates the work of the Residential Counselors.
· Reviews and approves timecards for all direct reports
· Ensures daily, weekly and monthly reports are completed in a timely manner.
· Takes On-Call duty on assigned nights.
· Works with the Administrator to ensure the facility is maintained in compliance with Community Care Licensing.
· Inspects, logs and follows up on repairs that need to be made in the facility.
· Prepares for and orients new clients, including reviewing admission paperwork and assisting with settling into room and storing client belongings.
· Oversees the organization of all onsite and offsite storage for client personal belongings. Arranges for stored items to be retrieved as needed.
· Participates on committees and completes facility audits in a timely manner.
· Completes necessary paperwork for Incident Reporting/Missing Person reporting and/or Emergency Medical or Psychiatric ambulance transport.
· Provides assistance to and supports clients ADL’s (activities of daily living), to include feeding themselves, bathing, dressing, grooming and leisure activities.
· Observes residents’ daily activities and monitors residents’ behavioral changes, documenting and reporting observations per policy and procedure.
· Reinforces positive appropriate behavior, offers counseling and support to residents in need.
· Assures facility is clean and well kept; directs and performs light cleaning duties as needed.
· Assists with coordinating or providing transportation of clients to outings and off-site appointments as needed.
· May assist with the self-administration of medications in accordance with medication room policies and procedures.
· May assist or lead groups or recreational activities, such as shopping.
· Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Demonstrates leadership at the facility
· Excellent oral and written communication ability.
· Organized and efficient.
· Able to read and interpret documents such as procedural manuals.
· Demonstrates patience and empathy.
· Exhibits excellent listening skills.
· Possesses excellent problem-solving and conflict resolution skills.
· Remains calm during stressful situations.
· Maintains friendly and outgoing demeanor.
· High school diploma or GED required; an AA or BA in psychology, business administration or related field is preferred.
· 3+ years’ experience in counseling, social work or a residential facility desired.
· Prior supervisory experience highly desired.
· Must be 25 years of age or older.
· Must be able to receive criminal record clearance as required by Title XXII, licensing regulations. This includes FBI and DOJ clearance.
· A health screening, by or under the direction of a physician must have been performed not more than six months prior to employment or within seven (7) days after employment. Health screening must include TB clearance not more than six months prior to employment or within seven (7) days after employment.
· Must have a valid driver’s license with the ability to transport clients.
· Must have a “valid” standard first aid card and CPR card from an accredited institution.
· Regularly required to stand, use hands, talk and hear.
· Frequently required to walk, sit and reach with hands and arms.
· Occasionally required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
· Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
Psynergy is an adult residential facility that provides housing option for individuals who desire a home-like setting coupled with care and supervision. Our atmosphere celebrates hope, promotes personal growth and builds social networks. We have four locations: Morgan Hill, Greenfield, Rancho Cordova, and Sacramento.
We believe that together, we can achieve more. The prospect of community integration for individuals experiencing mental distress can be a reality – we offer a New Vision of community life. We are committed to creating innovative options for individuals to move out of locked settings and into successful community living.
Psynergy Programs, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes diversity in the workplace.
Company website: http://www.psynergy.org
Company address: 9847 Folsom Blvd, Sacramento, California 95827