THIS POSITION WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED. APPLICATIONS ARE REVIEWED AS RECEIVED, AND INTERVIEWS WILL BE SCHEDULED FOR MOST QUALIFIED CANDIDATES, AS APPLICATIONS ARE REVIEWED.
The purpose of this position is to provide complex procurement analysis and support for the District. This is accomplished by developing solicitation packages for procuring materials/supplies, professional, architectural and engineering services, public works, construction and commodities, analyzing proposals and determining contract strategies, soliciting and scheduling funding and authorizations, evaluating bid and proposals for technical compliance, developing and monitoring project management timelines and spreadsheets, coordinating contract specifications such as complying with insurance requirements, determining prevailing wage for the projects, and approving payroll documents. Other duties include reviewing assignments of clerical staff, and coordinating interdepartmental projects.
- Solicits bids by performing analyst duties, developing packages for construction, procurement and professional services in accordance with District and FTA policies and procedures, writing project scopes, technical specifications and project schedules, coordinating contract execution and timelines with managers, and conducting pre-proposal and pre-bid meetings to answer questions from bidders and proposers; procures materials/supplies as needed.
- Provides project management and contract administration by coordinating multiple projects in various stages, facilitating award of contracts, ensuring vendor compliance with contract insurance, verifying contractor's licenses, resolving back wage issues, evaluating and approving prevailing wages and certified payroll documents, coordinating with District staff to determine DBE goals for the project and preparing a project agenda, evaluating pre-qualification packages, participating in contract negotiations, verifying funding and tracking payments, and preparing and submitting completion notices for official records.
- Prepares documents and correspondence by creating various forms, formal notices and supporting documentation, coordinating mail out of solicitation packages, preparing and sending document requests to prospects, preparing and updating bid documents, and developing status reports for senior staff, RT departments and public agencies.
- Evaluates bids by performing analyst duties, coordinating receipt of bids and proposals, determining low bidders ensuring technical compliance, maintain project spreadsheets, reviewing procurement history data, preparing summaries for recommending awards, coordinating and scheduling contract negotiations and meetings, and conducting consultant selection process.
- Completes program, policy and procedure analysis by preparing cost analyses, complying with public contract code and District procurement ordinances, updating databases, explaining federal, state, local, and District programs, policies and procedures to staff and outside agencies, researching funding opportunities for projects and determining appropriate avenues, determining prevailing wage requirements, and verifying the information on the certified payroll is complying with federal and state wages.
- Performs information tracking and reporting by conducting contract administration, developing and maintaining project management spreadsheets, creating, updating, and maintaining purchase orders, vendor data, and related databases, preparing reports, reviewing and ensuring compliance guidelines for funding, copying, filing, and archiving, tracking and coordinating document retrievals with departments, and assessing and monitoring project DBE requirement activities and compliance, participates in public outreach events, as needed, to enhance participation of Small Business/DBE suppliers.
A combination of education and/or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential functions of the position. SacRT reserves the right to determine the equivalences of education and experience.
Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Public Administration, English or a related field.
Experience: A minimum of three (3) years of experience performing procurement related activities.
Proof of required education beyond high school, such as college transcripts, diplomas, and/or certificates must be submitted at the time of application, if not substituting experience for the education requirement.
The minimum qualifications as stated on this job announcement represent only the basic requirements of the position. Meeting the minimum qualifications does not guarantee that a candidate will be invited to participate in other examination segments of the selection process. An employment application is required for this position. Applications, job announcements, and copies of the complete job description are available at our website at www.sacrt.com.
Completed employment application and proof of education, as outlined above, must be submitted online. This position will remain open until filled. Applications are reviewed as received, and interviews will be scheduled for most qualified candidates as applications are reviewed. SacRT will not process incomplete applications. Resumes are not accepted in lieu of an application, but may be included with the application. For more information on benefits, a summary sheet is available from the Human Resources Department. The Human Resources Department will make reasonable efforts in the recruitment process to accommodate candidates with disabilities. For more information, contact the Human Resources Department at (916) 556-0298.
SacRT has a stand alone pension plan which is not part of, nor does it have reciprocity
SacRT is an Equal Opportunity EOE Employer -
This position falls under the Operating Engineer Local Union no. 3 Group (OE3)