At Hyatt, we believe our guests select Hyatt because of our caring and attentive associates who are focused on providing efficient service and meaningful experiences. As a member of the properties Executive Committee, the Director of Events is a highly visible role with exposure to Senior and Corporate leadership. This position reports to the hotel General Manager.
The Director of Events manages overall Event Sales and Event Planning standards including supervision of Event Managers and administrative staff and overall responsibility for Event Services. Areas of emphasis include on-going training of staff and other administrative duties. Achieve individual booking goals and has overall responsibility for achieving property Event goals. The Director should be proficient in all aspects of the Event Manager position.
- Responsible for short and long term planning and the management of Event Sales and Event Planning
- Develop and recommend the budget, marketing plans and objectives and manages within those approved plans
- Maintain or exceed budgeted sales and profits in all event areas
- Develop and implement effective marketing plans for generating catering revenues
- Experience evaluating each piece of event business to ensure business can be properly serviced
- Monitor sales performance of Event Sales Managers
- Ability to put together creative and innovative menus based on skills of the kitchen
- Work closely with Chef on pricing specialty menus
- Train, supervise and work with event staff, in order to solicit and book banquet and event functions, as well as the planning, merchandising and execution of the functions
- Oversees Banquet Manager and their team to create and ensure quality levels are being met on a daily basis as well as enhancing overall banquet set-ups
- Leads event team to build long-term, value-based customer relationships that enable achievement of hotel Event sales objectives
- Administer all phases of the event department, including but not limited to sales, planning, marketing, servicing and administrative procedures
- Coach and counsel employees to reflect Hyatt service standards and procedures
Hyatt associates work in an environment that demands exceptional performance yet reaps great rewards. Whether it's career opportunities, job enrichment or a supportive work environment, if you are ready for this challenge, then we are ready for you.
This is not your typical career opportunity. This is the Hyatt Touch.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact with people of diverse socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds
- 6 years or more of progressive hotel Event Sales and Planning experience (typically with Hyatt)
- Service oriented style with professional presentations skills
- At least 3 years experience in a senior role in Event Sales/Planning environment
- Hotel/Hospitality degree an asset
- Must possess the following strengths: high energy, entrepreneurial spirit, motivational leader, effective communicator, effective in providing exceptional customer service and ability to improve the bottom line
- Clear concise written and verbal communication skills in English
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Must have excellent organizational, interpersonal and administrative skills
- Maintain communications with Corporate Staff