Assist Director of Sales Sales Managers and Catering Manager in obtaining customer satisfaction by performing clerical and administrative duties relating to guest and hotel communications through the sales team as well as light selling duties to small groups and functions. The incumbent may also perform light selling duties to small groups and functions as directed by the Director of Sales.
- High School diploma or equivalent is required with College course work in related field preferred. Experience in a hotel or a related field is also preferred.
- Ability to type 55 wpm
- Proficient with Microsoft operating Systems OPERA and Envision (preferred)
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful high pressure situations.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace including anticipating preventing identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information data etc. from disparate sources and consider adjust or modify to meet the constraints of the particular need.
- Must be effective at listening to understanding clarifying and resolving the concerns and issues raised by coworkers and guests.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data and basic arithmetic functions.
- Approaches all encounters with guests and Associates in an attentive friendly courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Maintains regular attendance in compliance with Aimbridge Hospitality standards as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel. Possible weekends and Holidays based on business demands.
- Maintains high standards of personal appearance and grooming which include compliance with the Aimbridge Hospitality dress code and wearing name tag when working (per brand standards).
- Complies at all times with Aimbridge Hospitality standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maintains Sales files in an organized fashion and as per specified standards.
- Maintains Accounts Coverage Program as applicable.
- Demonstrates awareness of established goals for each department and the role played in Sales process to achieve and/or exceed these goals.
- Answers phones; qualifies incoming inquiry calls and ensures all inquiries are dealt with accurately timely and in a professional manner.
- Types sales contracts BEO’s correspondence reports forms directs mail pieces etc. as needed by sales team.
- Maintains lead log and lead statistics to be used for strategic outbound sales.
- Maintains Sales system (i.e. Envision) docs and ensures consistent accurate and working properly.
- Assists managers on creative projects including proposals direct mail pieces invitations special events etc.
- Maintains timely and effective paper flow and communication within department and to other departments.
- Maintains flow of sales contracts through proper distribution to client team and to appropriate dept. head.
- Quotes prices for meeting inquiries and works with respective Sales leadership at the property (i.e. DOS Catering Manager) to handle small groups of less than 10 rooms and small meetings of less than 10 people.
- Works with Sales leadership to detail upcoming functions as needed obtain guarantees confirm arrangements etc.
- Distributes BEO’s Changes Rooming Lists Signed Contracts Revisions etc. to appropriate departments as it relates to meeting and groups.
- Assists guests and clients with small changes requests etc. and completes needed paperwork for Manager.
- Conducts site inspections for the department as needed
- Enters group pickup in Envision daily and enters preferred production in Envision monthly.
- Maintains constant paper flow of thank you letters for groups/functions and distributes accordingly to departments and maintain in files.
- Monitors/Orders office supplies and sales collateral to ensure we are properly stocked at all times with full packets collateral supplies and promotional items.
- Calls clients for guarantee numbers for functions 72 hours prior creates/closes house accounts and complete AV order.
- Organizes in house deliveries amenities welcome letters transportation schedules etc. as needed.
- Attends Sales Meetings and take minutes type and distribute accordingly.
- Others items as they relate to the Sales and Marketing effort of the hotel as well as any other items as needed by entire management staff.
- Familiar with all Aimbridge Hospitality sales policies and house rules.
- Ensures Associates are at all times attentive friendly helpful and courteous to all guests managers and fellow Associates.
- Any other duties as assigned by DOS specific to respective property.
This position is at a location where Hyatt is not the employer. The employer of individuals working at this hotel may be a third-party management company that is responsible for all employment benefits and obligations at this location.