The Host is responsible for ensuring the prompt recognition and seating of all guests in outlets as assigned and assists the servers in providing attentive courteous and efficient service to guests throughout their dining experience. He/she is also responsible for assisting the cashier in the collection of payment for all guest transactions.
- High School diploma and/or experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must be able to multi task.
- Must be able to show initiative in job performance including anticipating what needs to be done before it becomes a necessity.
- Must routinely meet deadlines.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace including anticipating preventing identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information data etc. from disparate sources and consider adjust or modify to meet the constraints of the particular need.
- Must be effective at listening to understanding and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and guests.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data and basic arithmetic functions.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in a friendly service oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Aimbridge Hospitality standards as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming which include wearing the proper uniform and nametag when working (per brand standards).
- Comply at all times with Aimbridge Hospitality standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maintain a friendly and warm demeanor at all times.
- Comply with certification requirements as required for position to include Food Handlers Alcohol Awareness Safety etc
- Employees must at all times be attentive friendly helpful and courteous to all guests managers and other employees.
- Greet and seat guests at appropriate tables in a timely manner.
- Be attentive of guests' needs assist in providing a pleasant dining experience.
- Assist cashier in collection of money or credit cards from guests and servers as needed.
- Know how to prepare cashier report at the end of the shift.
- Pay out servers' and service attendants' tips if appropriate.
- Know how to properly take reservations for outlets.
- Ensure quality control of menus with regard to cleanliness and appearance.
- Perform opening and closing duties according to established side work checklist.
- Ability to answer the telephone according to standards.
- Have a complete knowledge of standards of service for receiving a room service order.
- Have a thorough knowledge of menus and current specials in all applicable departments.
- Assist servers and cashiers in the servicing of guests as needed.
- Know and understand the state liquor laws.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Attend meetings/training as required by management.
This position is at a location where Hyatt is not the employer. The employer of individuals working at this hotel may be a third-party management company that is responsible for all employment benefits and obligations at this location.