POSITION: Case Manager (DN2S5700)
DEPARTMENT: (402 Emergency Shelter 2) / Sacramento Social Services
LOCATION: Sacramento, CA
SUPERVISOR: Emergency Shelter Supervisor
STATUS: Non-Exempt / Full-time
The Salvation Army Mission Statement:
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian Church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love for God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
The purpose of this position is to case manage shelter residents requiring assistance of The Salvation Army by performing the following duties
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Interviews clients with problems such as personal and family adjustments, finances, employment, food, clothing, housing, and physical and mental impairments to determine nature and degree of problem.
- Secures information such as medical, psychological, and social factors contributing to client's situation, and evaluates these and client's capacities.
- Advises client individually, or in other small groups regarding plans for meeting needs, and aids client to mobilize inner capacities and environmental resources to improve social functioning.
- Helps client to modify attitudes and patterns of behavior by increasing understanding of self, personal problems, and client's part in creating them.
- Refers clients to community resources and other organizations.
- Compiles records and prepares reports.
- Reviews service plan and performs follow-up to determine quantity and quality of service provided client and status of client's case.
- Accesses and records client and community resource information.
- Enter intake, case management notes and other services provided into Briges & Others software.
- Create and maintain client files up to date ready for monitoring and audits.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND OTHER QUALIFICATIONS REQUIREMENTS
- AA Degree: two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be familiar with the social service aspects of The Salvation Army.
- Must have reliable transportation
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Must possess a valid California Class C Driver License, and ability to drive a Salvation Army vehicle
- Must be 21 years or older.
- Authorize The Salvation Army to add name to the CA DMV Pull Notice Program
- Complete The Salvation Army vehicle course training.
- Ability to operate telephone
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to operate a computer
- Ability to process written, visual, and/or verbal information
- Ability to operate basic office equipment and tools PC, Fax Machine, Telephone, Calculator, Copier, Printer.
Qualified individuals must be able to perform the essential duties of the position with or without accommodation. A qualified person with a disability may request a modification or adjustment to the job or work environment in order to meet the physical requirements of the position. The Salvation Army will attempt to satisfy requests as long as the accommodation needed would not result in undue hardship.