**AECOM** is seeking a Manager, Hydraulic Structures/Tunnels to be based in either Oakland or Sacramento, CA.
**At AECOM, we’re delivering a better world.**
We believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it’s improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
Our clients trust us to bring together the best people, ideas, technical expertise and digital solutions to our work in transportation, buildings, water, the environment and new energy. We’re one global team – 47,000 strong – driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world.
* Performs various management, leadership, and people accountability responsibilities for a specific technical group or department.
* Has full responsibility for interpreting, organizing, executing, and coordinating technical assignments.
* Generally requires multi-disciplinary knowledge of engineering.
* Plans and develops engineering tasks concerned with unique or controversial problems. This involves exploration of subject area, definition of scope and selection of problems for investigation and development of novel concepts and approaches.
* Maintains liaison with units within the organization and individuals inside and outside of the organization.
* Responsible for acting independently on technical matters pertaining to the field. Work at this level usually requires extensive progressive experience.
* Works under minimal supervision. Supervision received is essentially administrative with assignments given in terms of broad general objectives and limits.
* Manages group of engineers and/or technicians, coordinating activities of the unit.
+ BA/BS + 8 YORE or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education.
+ Professional Engineer Licensure and/or equivalent.
+ 15+ years relevant experience.
+ Active California PE License
+ Relevant experience with Hydraulic Structures/Tunnels
+ Experience managing teams of engineering and support staff.
+ Ability to work independently and self-motivate to take projects to completion
+ Master’s / Advanced degree
+ Experience with marketing/business development.
+ Leadership/managerial skills.
+ Strong business and networking skills.
+ Strong written and oral communication skills.
+ Connected in the dam industry with strong profile recognized by clients.
+ Motivated and disciplined.
+ Flexible approach and multi-tasking abilities.
+ Relocation assistance is available for this position.
+ Sponsorship is available for this position.
+ Project/Client Site travel required as needed.
**What We Offer**
We will give you the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you’re working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.
You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion – a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients.
We will encourage you to grow and develop your career with us through our technical and professional development programs and diverse career opportunities. We believe in leadership at all levels. No matter where you sit in the organization you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business.
We offer competitive pay and benefits, well-being programs to support you and your family, and the development resources you need to advance your career.
When you join us, you will connect and collaborate with a global network of experts – planners, designers, engineers, scientists, consultants, program and construction managers – leading the change toward a more sustainable and equitable future. Join us and let’s get started.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
**Job Category** Engineering - Civil
**Business Line** Water
**Business Group** Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
**Country** United States of America
**Position Status** Full Time
**Requisition/Vacancy No.** 266185BR
**Additional Locations** US - Sacramento, CA - 2020 L St
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.