The parent liaison will have 1-2 years of experience serving students from diverse backgrounds in a school setting. The parent liaison will provide student services, which includes monitoring recess, meals and general student supervision during PE, lunch periods, restroom breaks and passing periods. The parent liaison will also provide record keeping for breakfast and lunch counts, relieve the secretary for lunch breaks, assist with attendance and absence verification and special projects as needed. The parent liaison will be responsible for coordinating with parents to complete their mandatory 40 hour school service requirement and coordinate all other school volunteers.
Note: Proof of COVID-19 vaccination required
Multiple School Site Vacancies:
Upon receiving an offer of employment, the following documents must be submitted:
DOJ and FBI fingerprint clearance (paid for by applicant)
TB screening results
Employment eligibility verification (I-9)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Monitoring recess, meals, and general student supervision; assisting with students during PE, lunch period, restroom breaks, and passing periods.
• Breakfast and lunch counts/record keeping; lunch relief for School Secretary; assist with attendance / absence verification; special projects as needed; volunteer liaison; clerical support/customer service as needed.
• Needs and challenges of the students we serve
• Community resources
• Motivate students and serve as a positive role model to all students.
• Establish and maintain friendly, cooperative and effective relationships with students.
• Relate well to students and adults and to earn their confidence and cooperation.
• Analyze situations accurately and adopt an appropriate course of action.
• Establish and maintain friendly, cooperative and effective working relationship with school personnel, community members and central office staff.
• Follow oral and written instructions.
• Clearly articulate and reinforce the high expectations of HBCP and FSE
• Write and communicate clear instructions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• 1-2 experience serving students from diverse backgrounds in a school setting. High School diploma required and college coursework is desirable.
• School environment where there are constant interruptions. Indoor and outdoor working environment subject to long periods of walking/standing, occasional running, holding up arms for long periods of time to direct traffic, and reaching in all directions
• Constant interruptions
• Hearing and speaking to conduct group training, exchange information in person electronically and over the telephone
• Ability to read printed material and computer screens. Ability to understand speech at normal levels
• Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard and other office equipment
• Kneeling, bending at the waist, and reaching overhead above the shoulders and horizontally to retrieve and store files and supplies.
• Ability to climb stairs, walk, and sit for extended periods of time. Ability to lift and carry 10 pounds.
• Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Fortune School of Education provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This position description intends to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. It is not intended to include all duties and responsibilities. The order in which duties and responsibilities are listed is not significant.