East Lawn Cemeteries have multiple openings for a Cemetery Grounds Person Summer Help.
Job duties include opening and closing internment property, landscape and maintain the general condition of the cemetery grounds.
- Union Membership
- Medical and Dental
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Award
- California Family Fitness discounted corporate membership
Specific responsibility includes but are not limited to:
- Install burial vaults, remove and reset existing markers on gravesites.
- Cut and roll back sod prior to opening of graves.
- Maintain individual sections as assigned; marker trimming with weed eater, curb edging, mowing, raking, grounds cleaning, removal and replacement of flowers on new graves, clean roadways and walks.
- Set new markers and boarders.
- Repair sprinkler systems, remove and replace pipes for grave excavation, clean and adjust system.
- Renovate sections as needed, raise markers and graves.
- Perform special projects assigned by management.
- Assist with crypt placements.
- Assist in maintenance of cemetery equipment.
- Assist with placement of casket on lift for crypts or lowering device for ground burial.
- Assist funeral personnel with placement of flowers at grave or crypt site for committal service.
- Perform or assist with disinterment.
- Maintain uniform and general appearance according to company guidelines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
You must be able to meet the following job qualifications:
- Knowledge of the operation of heavy and light equipment.
- General knowledge of repair and installation of sprinkler systems.
- Experience in landscaping.
- Knowledge of lawn care equipment (blower, weed eater, edger).
- Ability to deal with grief and mourning by family and friends of deceased at committal services and during disposition procedures.
- Ability to be courteous and have good attitude around public and towards supervision.
- Ability to operate weed eater and leaf blower weighing 10-25 pounds.
- Ability to assist in removing and lifting single and double shutter crypt fronts weighing 75-200 pounds.
- Demonstrated ability to perform duties as position requires.
This job description is not all inclusive. East Lawn, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. East Lawn, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Passing a drug test, physical, and physical abilities test is a condition of employment.