East Lawn has an exiting opportunity to join our skilled East Lawn accounting team! We are looking for a detail oriented, team player to help East Lawn continue to achieve it's unlimited potential!
Accounting Clerk (Transmittals)
Summary: Process payments on account for all Funeral Homes and Cemeteries.
- Excellent health and wellness plans (medical, dental, vision, EAP).
- 401(k) plan with potential profit sharing.
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick and Holiday).
- California Family Fitness- Discounted Rate
- Employee discounts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Provide a professional approach and decorum with customers and fellow staff members, and adhere to East Lawn’s Mission Statement and Values.
- Verify payments made on contracts.
- Reconcile balances to ensure all payments are true, consistent, and up to date.
- Prepare checks, cash and credit cards for deposit.
- Deposit check by using the Wells Fargo desktop deposit system.
- Run reports for pre-deposit slip in SRS and MIS systems. Ensure payments are accurate and up to date.
- Run credit card reports and aging report. Review and ensure payments are accurate and up to date.
- Research missing payments and communicate with staff to verify payment status.
- Submit new and existing accounts check, cash and credit card transmittals to the accounting department.
- Submit refund credit memos with transmittals to the accounting department.
- This position requires weekly travel to each location.
- Call clients with past due balances to set up a payment plan.
- Other duties as required.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities to include the following.
- Code expenses incurred with location credit cards and verify all receipts are submitted with the credit card statement.
- Reconcile petty cash for each location to verify transactions and ensure funds are coded properly.
- Provides backup on A/R duties.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Attention to detail.
- Desire to be proactive and create a positive experience for others.
- Outstanding communication, customer relations and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organizational, analytical and time management skills.
- Anticipate needs and ability to complete important tasks.
- Have the ability to work in the office at all locations.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Basic accounting knowledge.
- On-the-job training.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to record payments accurately.
- Intermediate to advanced skills with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook are required.
- Ability to navigate current programs, SRS and MIS.
- Ability to use Wells Fargo desktop deposit software.
Certificates and Licenses
- Valid driver’s license and a clean driving record.
- Must provide certificate of insurance demonstrating coverage limits meeting company requirements.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is in a standard office environment with desktop business equipment and frequent telephone calls. Noise level is moderate.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time. The employee must constantly reach with hands and fingers. Employee must be able to work in close contact with small and large groups. Frequent hearing and talking is required. Regular keyboard typing is required. Must be able to lift and carry items or equipment up to 25 lbs. Frequent driving to each location is required.