Who We Are
SchoolsFirst FCU is the largest credit union in California and the nation’s largest credit union serving the educational community. We exclusively serve California school employees and their families. We were recently ranked the #1 credit union in California by Forbes, and recognized as one of the 50 Most Engaged WorkplacesTM in North America by Achievers. We’re growing and looking for talented, service-oriented people to join our team.
What We Believe
There’s a reason we love coming to work every day. We have the privilege of serving those who build the future: school employees, and the families whose sacrifices make their work possible. Not only are we passionate about living our mission of providing Members with world-class personal service and financial security, but we’re also dedicated to providing service to each other. That means creating an environment where you’re empowered to do what you do best every day, with opportunities for ongoing development and growth. So you can provide the trusted advice and financial expertise that makes a positive difference in the lives of our Members. It’s a truly unique culture, in an organization with a truly unique mission.
What You’ll Be Doing
Assists the department manager in the administration and supervision of the operations of the branch. Ensures that Members receive prompt, efficient and high quality service.
- Attracts new Members through participation in school, community and business functions. Conducts, coordinates and trains staff on school visitations and off-site presentation efforts.
- Provides consultative services to Members regarding credit union products and services and ensures that teammembers are providing consultative services by assessing the Member's needs, addressing their concerns and gaining agreement.
- Responsible for proactively resolving escalated Member inquiries and problems at the first point of contact.
- Acts as a resource for the platform/tellers on policies and procedures.
- Consistently provides a high level of service and is committed to increasing Member satisfaction.
- Performs and provides approvals for various day-to-day transactions including, but not limited to check approvals, check hold decisions, cash verification/approvals, and transaction overrides.
- Performs and approves various day-to-day loan transactions including, but not limited to loan review and approvals.
- Provides operational support and acts as a resource for staff regarding policies and procedures.
- Performs routine audits of negotiable instruments as well as review and balancing of assigned GL reconcilements.
- Ensures quality control of memberships opened and loans funded at the branch.
Additional Job Functions
- Supervises teammembers directly, including selection, training, performance appraisal and work allocation. Responsible for scheduling staff.
- Helps establish, communicate and achieve the credit union’s goals and standards, ensuring these are fully communicated to and understood by all department staff.
- Identifies areas to streamline department and credit union operations.
- Complies with all government regulatory policies, internal policies and procedures, audit standards, remains current on and informed of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and apprises staff.
- May act in the capacity of the Manager in his or her absence.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Complies with regulatory compliance and assigned training requirements including but not limited to BSA regulations corresponding to their specific job duties. Failure to do so may result in disciplinary and other employment related actions
- Required High School Diploma
- Preferred Bachelor's Degree or equivalent years of experience
- 3-5 years of previous related experience Required
- 1-3 years of supervisory experience Required