**Hiring Bonus** We're hiring Behavioral Aides in Sacramento City!
Effective 2/25/2022. You may be eligible for a one-time $1,000 hiring bonus paid in 2 installments. The first installment of ($500.00) will be payable after receiving an in-position date and the second installment of ($500.00) will be paid after completing 6 months of employment. Additionally, you can be eligible for an increase after successfully completing 90 days of employment.
Who We Are: Point Quest Pediatrics focuses on providing meaningful and functional behavioral, mental health, and speech and language services to students ages 5 to 22 years of age. Pediatrics strives to equip each student with the skills and strategies needed to successfully execute their academic program in the least restrictive environment possible. Pediatrics partners with contracting school districts to assist them in serving their students who qualify for services and assessments as outlined in the student's IEP.
Location: We are looking for Behavioral Aides to provide services in Sacramento City on Monday through Friday.
Why Should you Apply?
- Potential for bonuses
- Competitive pay
- Tuition assistance/Licensing support
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Benefits Options for Full-time Employees
- Flexible spending account for medical expenses
- Dependent care with company match
- Employee assistance
- Life, and Legal Insurances
- Pet Insurance Discount Plan
- 401(k) with a company match
- Paid Sick Leave/Holidays/Vacation
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities
- Collaborative and diverse environment
POSITION REPORTS TO: Direct report to Program Supervisor I, II or III, BCBA (indirect report Site Director, Teacher, Lead Aide)
PURPOSE OF POSITION: Under general supervision, the Behavioral Aide is responsible for working with at-risk and/ or children with disabilities in a school setting.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Assists the teacher in implementing the students’ Individual Education Plans (IEP)
- Able to understand and implement a BIP
- Provides instructional support in content areas, as directed by the teacher
- Implements the classroom or social behavior management system, including coaching students so that they can quickly return to school tasks
- Intervenes during crises situations, including implementation of Pro-ACT and/or CPI
- Helps maintain the physical school environment to keep it functional, safe, and clean
- Supervises students during class breaks and during lunch
- Assist students with eating, using the bathroom (may include the changing of diapers), and moving from one classroom to another
- Participate in, and/or facilitate recreational activities of various sorts (i.e. athletic, arts, and crafts, off-campus trips, cultural awareness, etc.)
- Models ABA methodologies for the purpose of demonstrating their use in increasing or decreasing targeted student behaviors
- Maintain consistent awareness of the client’s whereabouts to ensure safety, including directing clients to appropriate groups or areas in the community or school. Including but not limited to, transportation transitions
- Implement provided written assignments, as needed
- Supports in record keeping and data tracking, as directed by the Teacher, BCBA, SLP, OT, or Site Admin
- Confers with agency staff on student status or the need for additional behavior planning
- Assists other personnel as may be required for the purpose of supporting them in the completion of their work activities
- Responds to emergency situations (e.g. injured students, fights, seizures, etc.) for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns.
- Must be flexible to report to a different location within the assigned region, if applicable
- Responds quickly and effectively to requests made by Lead Aide and/or Supervisors
- Complete other responsibilities as assigned
OBJECTIVES OR GOALS TO MEASURE PERFORMANCE:
- Adherence to Company policies and procedures
- Accurate work product
- Timeliness in completing assignments
- Positive team attitude
- Taking initiative in unassigned tasks
- Staff development and training
- Improved personal professional growth and education
- Demonstration of good decision making
- Positive customer service attitude and communications
- Excellent attendance and punctuality
MINIMUM SKILLS OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma, equivalent or two-year degree or equivalent combinations of training and experience
- Experience working in a school or treatment setting for students with learning, social, emotional, or mental disabilities.
- DOJ/FBI Live Scan Background & TB Clearance
- Pro-Act, CPI, and/or CPR certification helpful
Proof of full COVID-19 vaccination is required for new employees hired to work for Sac City Unified School District. Exceptions to the COVID vaccine requirement may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons.
*This job description reflects management's assignment of essential job functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned
PQI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants regardless of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.