The Senior Program Analyst is a journey level classification and under general supervision from the assigned supervisor or program manager, performs a variety of professional and specialized functions in support of assigned administrative or operational departments within the Agency. Incumbents are expected to exercise a high degree of initiative and independent judgment in prioritizing and executing work relating to the daily and strategic operations and program activities of the Agency.
Rental Assistance Demonstration (RAD)
- Provides logistical support to the RAD Program Manager and RAD Director
- Researches and prepares critical information for RAD projects including but not limited to:
- Investor and Lender due diligence
- Property Management data
- Procurement and Legal feedback on documents and contracts created for RAD
- Prepares and organizes funding applications with the guidance of the RAD Project Manager
- Works along any of the outside consultants and/or legal counsel according to the schedule set by the Project Manager
- Keeps the RAD team abreast of any new changes in the regulations and policies concerning the Rental Assistance Demonstration Program, or other disposition programs that may help to facilitate the unit’s goal of repositioning Public Housing or other Housing Authority assets.
- Gathers feedback from the RAD construction manager assigned to the project to help develop the construction scope of work for the project.
- Assist the Project Manager in developing and recommending strategies for addressing issues as they arise for the project. The Senior Program Analyst would memorialize those strategies for use on future projects.
- Assist in managing the processes for pre-development, development, and post development of all assigned projects.
Any combination of experience and education that would be likely to provide the required knowledge and abilities could be qualifying, as determined by the Agency. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
Experience: 4 years experience in administration, program evaluation, budget analysis, contract and amendments, research and analysis. Excellent writing and verbal skills required. Project management experience is highly desirable.
Education: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor's degree in Business Management, Business Administration, Public Administration, Finance or related field of study required.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Organizational and planning skills; creativity and problem solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, including ability to communicate with diverse clients.
- General knowledge of the mission of the Agency and an understanding of the population it serves.
- Principals and practices of good customer service and supportive listening.
- Techniques of planning and performing budgetary and organizational analysis.
- Build relationships and communicate effectively with residents, staff, public officials, service providers, and other stakeholders.
- Ability to manage time and set priorities amidst multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Manage complex projects and coordinate multiple tasks.
- Independently analyze situations and take appropriate action within established guidelines.
- Maintain confidentiality and discretion.
Licenses and Certificates: Must possess and maintain an applicable California Driver License and a driving record acceptable to the Agency’s insurance carrier.
Physical Abilities and Work Environment: Position may require prolonged sitting, standing, walking, reaching, twisting, turning, kneeling, bending, squatting and stooping in the performance of daily office activities. Drive during inclement weather conditions. The position also requires frequent grasping, repetitive hand movement and coordination in preparing statistical reports and data using a computer keyboard. Additionally, the position requires near and far vision in reading correspondence, statistical data, and using a computer. Acute hearing is required when providing phone and face-to-face client, staff customer service. The need to lift, drag and push files, paper and documents weighing up to 25 pounds also is required.
Other Requirements: Will be required to take and successfully pass a pre-employment physical examination.
As a condition of employment with SHRA, this employee will be required to complete a COVID-19 vaccination recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (including for emergency use) and provide proof of vaccination to the Human Resources Department prior to employment.
SHRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.