SALARY: $107,280.00 - $150,228.00 Annually
OPENING DATE: 08/10/22
CLOSING DATE: Continuous
RECRUITMENT TYPE: Internal/External
THIS POSITION WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED. APPLICATIONS ARE REVIEWED AS RECEIVED, AND INTERVIEWS WILL BE SCHEDULED FOR MOST QUALIFIED CANDIDATES, AS APPLICATIONS ARE REVIEWED.
The purpose of this position is to provide support to the General Manager/CEO and other executives in the areas of communications, public affairs , and community relations. The incumbent implements and supports community outreach, public relations, social media, and general communication initiatives on behalf of the General Manager/CEO. Under general direction by the GM/CEO, the Senior Community Relations Officer will be responsible for planning, developing, organizing, coordinating, facilitating, and directing numerous communication activities related to the goals, priorities, and objectives of SacRT.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
This is a general listing of job functions and does not represent a complete listing of the positions responsibilities.
1. Coordinate and attend community outreach activities; represent the office of the General Manager/CEO in various external meetings and events.
2. Provide communication support for the GM/CEO; organize and plan other public relations projects as required.
3. Serve as liaison for the office of the General Manager/CEO for media/public inquiries; research requests for information; disseminate District information as required.
4. Assist in overseeing and maintaining the District's social media pages, including engaging with and responding to questions from customers and the community.
5. Advise and assist District executives in matters involving written communications and community relations; review communication materials for clarity and content.
6. Stay abreast of news and information related to transit and the local community.
7. Create and/or edit PowerPoint presentations, speeches and other written materials for the General Manager/CEO and executives.
8. Cultivate and maintain strong working relationships between the District, community organizations, the media, and SacRT's customers. Develops and fosters crucial links between external and internal resources that will be key in supporting the GM/CEO's communication and community outreach efforts.
9. Represents the GM/CEO in a wide range of projects and initiatives designed to improve community presence, as well as customer and employee outreach.
10. Works closely with the GM/CEO in the development of necessary programs designed to communicate with the general public and community members about SacRT interests at the local and regional level.
11. Performs other related duties as assigned.
A combination of education and/or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential functions of the position. SacRT reserves the right to determine the equivalences of education and experience.
Education and Experience: Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Public Administration, Communications, Marketing or a closely related field.
Five (5) years of experience in marketing, public relations, community relations or a closely related field.
Licenses and Certifications: None.
Proof of required education beyond high school, such as college transcripts, diplomas, and/or certificates must be submitted at the time of application, if not substituting experience for the education requirement.
FILING INSTRUCTIONS/SUPPLEMENTAL INFORMATION:
The minimum qualifications as stated on this job announcement represent only the basic requirements of the position. Meeting the minimum qualifications does not guarantee that a candidate will be invited to participate in other examination segments of the selection process. An employment application is required for this position. Applications, job announcements, and copies of the complete job description are available at our website at www.sacrt.com.
A completed employment application and proof of education, as outlined above, must be submitted online. This position will remain open until filled. Applications are reviewed as received, and interviews will be scheduled for most qualified candidates. SacRT will not process incomplete applications. Resumes are not accepted in lieu of an application, but may be included with the application. For more information on benefits, a summary sheet is available from the Human Resources Department. The Human Resources Department will make reasonable efforts in the recruitment process to accommodate candidates with disabilities. For more information, contact the Human Resources Department at (916) 556-0298.
SacRT has a stand alone pension plan which is not part of, nor does it have reciprocity with CalPERS.
SacRT is an Equal Opportunity EOE Employer - Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans.
This position falls under Management and Confidential Employee Group (MCEG).