**At AECOM, we’re delivering a better world.**
We believe infrastructure creates opportunity for everyone. Whether it’s improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive.
Our clients trust us to bring together the best people, ideas, technical expertise and digital solutions to our work in transportation, buildings, water, the environment and new energy. We’re one global team – over 50,000 strong – driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world.
**AECOM** is seeking a **Quality Inspector** to be based at a client site near **Sacramento, CA** .
**_This position is contingent upon an expected contract award._**
**_This position is expected to begin in January, 2023._**
* Under general direction, technically supervises quality projects or major phases of significant quality projects, coordinating the efforts of technical support staff in the performance of assigned project.
* Possesses and applies comprehensive knowledge to the completion of significant quality assignments.
* Provides quality control support on assigned program(s) and/or areas to ensure that the project is designed, procured and installed in accordance with customer and company quality requirements.
* Provides support for new systems, development, proposals, implementation, procedures and any related quality activity.
* Develops and applies advanced quality assurance/control theories, as well as research techniques in the investigation and solution of complex and advanced technical problems on the forefront of new technologies.
* Analyzes, evaluates and plans methods of approach, as well as organizes means to achieve solution of complex technical problems.
* Reviews project process and evaluates results.
* Evaluates vendor capabilities to provide required products or services.
* Makes frequent decisions using principles and professional independent judgment.
* Conducts investigations and tests that are of moderate to considerable complexity.
+ Bachelors degree plus four (4) years of relevant experience or demonstrated equivalency of experience and/or education.
+ Prior experience in quality inspection
+ Must be able to pass client background screenings.
+ Certified completion of a professionally accredited Quality Control Management Course (e.g., conducted by the US Army Corps of Engineers or an independent private company) within the last five (5) years
+ Bachelors degree in Engineering or Construction preferred.
+ Ten (10) years of experience as a construction inspector
+ Five (5) years of experience in construction practices, procedures, and testing in DoD construction projects
+ Relocation is not available for this position.
+ Sponsorship is not available for this position.
**What We Offer**
We will give you the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you’re working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed. You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion – a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients. We will encourage you to grow and develop your career with us through our technical and professional development programs and diverse career opportunities. We believe in leadership at all levels. No matter where you sit in the organization you can make a lasting impact on the projects you work on, the teams and committees you join and our business. We offer competitive pay and benefits, well-being programs to support you and your family, and the development resources you need to advance your career. When you join us, you will connect and collaborate with a global network of experts – planners, designers, engineers, scientists, consultants, program and construction managers – leading the change toward a more sustainable and equitable future. Join us and let’s get started. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
**Job Category** Quality Assurance / Quality Controls
**Business Line** PPM
**Business Group** Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
**Country** United States of America
**Position Status** Full Time
**Requisition/Vacancy No.** 272253BR
**Clearance Required** No
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.