Caregiver at Community-Based Adult Day Program
Highlights of this position:
Mon-Fri daytime schedule * 7 Major holidays OFF and PAID * Full-time with benefits * Mileage Reimbursement
THRIVE AS A CAREGIVER AT SEVITA. EACH DAY, YOU'LL
- Be proud of rewarding work helping people grow, learn, live well
- Develop real, meaningful relationships with the individuals you serve
- Experience ownership and trust from your leaders to do what's right for participants
- Take initiative to help participants be part of the community and enjoy their favorite activities
- Support participants with developmental goals like budgeting, exercise, and nutrition
In this specific position you'll assist with daily support one on one with an adult with intellectual or developmental disabilities out in the community doing activities like: outings/field trips, activities and events, shopping and eating out, developmental goal-based activities. Each individual has different needs and you'll assist them as their caregiver with these needs which include personal hygiene and supporting them through any behavioral challenges and other complex needs. EVERY PERSON DESERVES A FULFILLING CAREER
- Competitive Pay: Hourly rate of $15 and full benefits package for employees working 30+ hours/week plus mileage reimbursement at $0.625 per mile - More MONEY on your paycheck: mileage reimbursement really adds up and you end up getting much more than the cost of gas! (for vehicles with average fuel mileage)
- Schedule: For this program all positions are Full-time with schedule that is Mon-Fri daytime only - weekends and evenings always off!
- Time off: Paid time off plus holiday pay to recharge so you can be your best at work
- Network of Support: Supervisors who care deeply about the participants and your wellbeing
- Job Security: A stable job at an established, growing company
- Learning & Development: We invest in your development and provide the tools and training you need to have a fulfilling career
- Dayforce Wallet - get paid for the days you work without waiting for payday! All employees have the option to access their pay as soon as they earn it through our employee app - no fees and super easy!
WHAT YOU'LL BRING TO SEVITA
- Education: High School Diploma or GED/equivalent
- Experience: Six months of experience in human services or direct care preferred
- License and Vehicle: Valid CA driver’s license in good standing and access to a registered vehicle with proof of insurance
- Skills: Communication, multi-tasking, adaptability, teamwork, time management
- Behaviors: Patient, compassionate, reliable, responsible
Apply today and explore careers, well lived at Sevita.
This role is part of Cole Vocational Services Adult Day Program, a member of the Sevita family.
At Sevita, we believe that everyone deserves to live a full, more independent life. Through home and community-based specialized care, our work changes lives and inspires growth at every turn. When you join our mission-driven team, you’ll create relationships that motivate us all to be better every day. We have a bright future and the determination to get there. Join us today — careers, well lived.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans.