SALARY: $107,280.00 - $150,228.00 Annually
DEPARTMENT: Information Technology
OPENING DATE: 09/06/22
CLOSING DATE: Continuous
RECRUITMENT TYPE: Internal/External
THIS POSITION WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED. APPLICATIONS ARE REVIEWED AS RECEIVED, AND INTERVIEWS WILL BE SCHEDULED FOR MOST QUALIFIED CANDIDATES, AS APPLICATIONS ARE REVIEWED.
The purpose of this position is to manage the overall direction, implementation, execution, upgrade, and maintenance of SacRT data centers and network infrastructures (both fixed and mobile). The incumbent will engineer, configure, implement, and troubleshoot security and network infrastructure necessary to maintain, an array of secure SacRT data centers and interconnected networks to ensure the availability, reliability and security of the agency’s information assets and systems through a structured, proactive approach that balances risk with business requirements. This position will provide subject matter expertise for a variety of technology projects with an emphasis on data center and network technology security. Partner with internal and external business partners as necessary to provide security assurance against cyber-attacks, to include inappropriate and/or unauthorized disclosure of Company and/or Customer information. This position will measure the performance of these environments to analyze gaps and risks to the agency and will propose and implement solutions to enhance services while ensuring that highest degree of robustness, security, scalability, and uptime is maintained.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
This is a general listing of job functions and does not represent a complete listing of the positions responsibilities.
• Manages the data center and network environment including the Servers and Storage; corporate LAN/WAN and mobile vehicle environments; major Systems including SAP, Trapeze and Motorola Radio, Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) and telecommunication technologies; PaaS, SaaS, IaaS cloud technologies including Microsoft O365 and Citrix VDI.
• Devise and manage procedures to ensure maximum utilization of the corporate LAN/WAN and mobile environments; data center architecture and network architecture are documented such that they can be utilized for disaster recovery; provide training and written protocols and guidance for staff.
• Proactively identify security vulnerabilities and mitigation opportunities within the infrastructure.
• Provide operational and project support for data center and network infrastructures and implement new technologies, policies, and procedures for optimal business operations.
• Measure and report on Key Indicator metrics across all environments.
• Serves as a single point of contact for data center and network operations issues.
• Manages technology-based projects and tasks within organizational projects including budgets, equipment procurement, contract management, and integration.
• Keep current with latest technologies, lead efforts in researching, evaluating, selecting and implementing hardware and software products to meet the agency’s defined needs and to position organization for strategic expansion.
• Implement ITIL based IT System Management (ITSM) for all modules within IT Work Management System: Requests, Incidents, Problems, Change Management, Projects, Solutions, Assets, CMDB, and Maintenance. Establish Service Level Agreements for each system and proactively manage staff through request analysis to ensure priority-based resolutions.
• Ensure security and operational standards and procedures are maintained in accordance with SacRT compliance requirements and industry best practices.
• Perform risk analysis to identify IT security issues and remediation plans.
• Identify and manage mitigation of operational risks.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
A combination of education and/or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential functions of the position. SacRT reserves the right to determine the equivalences of education and experience.
Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Management Information Systems or a related field.
Experience: A minimum of five (5) years of progressive experience in network, server, and/or data center operations, including two (2) years of supervisory experience.
Proof of required education beyond high school, such as college transcripts, diplomas, and/or certificates must be submitted at the time of application, if not substituting experience for the education requirement.
FILING INSTRUCTIONS/SUPPLEMENTAL INFORMATION:
The minimum qualifications as stated on this job announcement represent only the basic requirements of the position. Meeting the minimum qualifications does not guarantee that a candidate will be invited to participate in other examination segments of the selection process. An employment application is required for this position. Applications, job announcements, and copies of the complete job description are available at our website at www.sacrt.com.
A completed employment application and proof of education, as outlined above, must be submitted online. This position will remain open until filled. Applications are reviewed as received, and interviews will be scheduled for most qualified candidates. SacRT will not process incomplete applications. Resumes are not accepted in lieu of an application, but may be included with the application. For more information on benefits, a summary sheet is available from the Human Resources Department. The Human Resources Department will make reasonable efforts in the recruitment process to accommodate candidates with disabilities. For more information, contact the Human Resources Department at (916) 556-0298.
SacRT has a stand alone pension plan which is not part of, nor does it have reciprocity with CalPERS.
SacRT is an Equal Opportunity EOE Employer - Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans.
This position falls under Management and Confidential Employee Group (MCEG).