Sep 16, 2022
Sacramento Regional Transit District
1400 29th Street, Sacramento, CA, USA
$18.83 - $26.11 hourly
SALARY: $18.83 - $26.11 Hourly
DEPARTMENT: Paratransit Operations (SacRT GO)
OPENING DATE: 09/16/22
CLOSING DATE: Continuous
RECRUITMENT TYPE: Internal/External
DMV PRINTOUT IS REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION
Only DMV printouts issued by the Department of Motor Vehicles are acceptable.
As a result of the current COVID-19 State of Emergency, SacRT will accept online DMV printouts until further notice.
The purpose of this position is to perform all of the functions of a Paratransit Operator as well as conduct operation and customer service training for staff. This is accomplished by interpreting and explaining state and federal laws, rules, and regulations, defensive driving techniques, district policies, customer service expectations, and accurate record keeping. Other duties include conducting disability awareness training, customer assistance and mobility device securement training, operating paratransit passenger vehicles and completing special assignments as assigned.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
This is a general listing of job functions and does not represent a complete listing of the position's responsibilities.
- Instruct paratransit bus operators with regard to safety, service, and scheduling.
- Insures proper training of employees.
- Keeps staff current on changes to ADA rules and regulations.
- Assist in the preparation of training materials.
- Takes corrective actions to ensure quality customer service and safe operations.
- Assists in coordinating Paratransit Public Relations activities.
- Provides monthly safety meetings.
- Uses performance metrics based on reporting data to set training requirements.
- Communicates effectively with operations staff regarding training schedules or passenger issues
- Maintains professional demeanor and appearance
- Handle multiple tasks accurately and effectively in a fast paced environment
- Other duties as assigned to ensure the efficient operation of the department
- Communicates effectively with operations staff regarding scheduling of training hours. Assumes the responsibilities of a Paratransit Operator as needed to meet customer service demands.
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent.
Experience: A minimum of five (5) years of commercial paratransit driving experience in a public transit agency with 1 year of behind the wheel training experience.
Required Licenses and/or Certificates: Must possess a valid Driver's License at the time of application and have a satisfactory driving record as defined by SacRT. Must have the ability to obtain a valid California Class B Driver's permit with Passenger endorsement prior to the start of employment.
Candidates must submit a DMV printout at time of application, dated no more than ten (10) days prior to the date you submit your application, in order to be considered. Only DMV printouts issued by the Department of Motor Vehicles are acceptable. As a result of the current COVID-19 State of Emergency, SacRT will accept online DMV printouts until further notice.
FILING INSTRUCTIONS/SUPPLEMENTAL INFORMATION:
Meeting the minimum qualifications does not guarantee that a candidate will be invited to participate in other examination segments of the selection process. An employment application and DMV printout, as outlined above, is required for this position. Applications, job announcements, and copies of the complete job description are available through our website at www.sacrt.com.
Completed employment application and DMV printout, as outlined above must be submitted online. SacRT will not process incomplete applications. Resumes are not accepted in lieu of an application, but may be included with the application. For more information on benefits, a summary sheet is available from the Human Resources Department. The Human Resources Department will make reasonable efforts in the recruitment process to accommodate candidates with disabilities. For more information, contact the Human Resources Department at (916) 556-0298.
SacRT has a stand alone pension plan which is not part of, nor does it have reciprocity with CalPERS.
SacRT is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action EOE/AA Employer -Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans.
This position falls under the ATU, Local 256 Collective Bargaining Unit.