General nature of position: Working in shop environment repairing and performing preventative maintenance on Refuse and Recycling Trucks.
Essential Duties and responsibilities:
- Review of the pre and post trip inspection sheets and perform necessary repairs to trucks and equipment.
- Complete scheduled preventive maintenance service on all equipment.
- Diagnoses malfunctions & repairs, rebuilds, adjusts heavy duty diesel powered equipment.
- Dismantles, rebuilds, replaces, and adjusts engines, brakes, transmission drivelines, electrical, fuel, exhaust, cooling, suspension & hydraulics in heavy duty diesel trucks.
- Repairs equipment using acetylene & arc welding tools.
- Writes up brief descriptions of repair work performed & parts used.
- Operates heavy equipment to insure proper working order.
- Mechanics are responsible for the clean up of shop area to assure a clean safe work area.
- Mechanics will be required to obtain a Forklift operators certificate at the companies expense.
- Mechanics will follow company safety procedures and attend shop safety meetings.
Summary of other job duties:
- Mechanics will assist in the inspection of the truck parking area and will assist in the clean up off any spilled material.
- On rare occasions a Mechanic may be asked to respond to an off-site location to assist in some sort of clean up.
- On occasion Mechanics may be asked to respond to a repair issue off of company property regarding one of our fleet vehicles.
- Any and all maintenance duties as may be assigned from time to time.