General Nature of Position: Working in shop environment operating a pressure washer & mixing chemicals to clean Front Load & Roll Off trash hauler trucks. Use such material as water, cleaning agents, machinery and other equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure all trucks are washed in a timely manner in accordance with procedures set by Fleet Manager, while following all Atlas Disposal safety procedures. Involves working in wet conditions while bending, squatting, kneeling, twisting & climbing ladder.
- Cleaning of wash bay & pit on a regular basis.
- Operating and moving trucks around the yard as needed in a safe manner.
- Perform light duty maintenance as needed.
- Assist in providing a safe work environment.
- Assist in ordering supplies to maintain appropriate inventory.
Summary of Other Job Duties:
- Keep yard and shop area clean, this may include trash pickup, sweeping and care & maintenance of Pressure Washer machinery.
- Polish trucks on weekly schedule with polisher and polishing compound.
- Complete weekly inventory of trucks washed and/or polished.
- Any and all duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Required knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Must possess valid CA CDL, preferably a Commercial Class
- Equivalent of high school diploma of G.E.D. certification
- Communicate effectively with the Fleet Manager and other staff
- Ability to pass a certified state of UT’s forklift safety course.
- Familiarity with pressure washer and the ability to use them safely.
- Ability to understand instructions written and verbal in English.
- Ability to work well under pressure, independently, or as a team.
- Follow all Standard Operating Procedures
- Inform Fleet Manager of equipment issues
- Possess the mobility to maneuver throughout the building
- Possess the mobility to use ladders and forklift equipment.
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Occasional manual moving of furniture, equipment and shop supplies.
- Sitting, standing, walking, bending, stooping, squatting and other physical requirements as necessary to complete the essential duties and responsibility. Position requires strong attention to detail.