Capitol Valley Electric is a nationally recognized electrical contractor. Our corporate office is located in Sacramento, California. We work on a wide array of projects including Multi Family, Commercial, Industrial and Utility Scale Solar farms.
We are looking to hire a Solar Project Manager for our Sacramento location.
The Solar Project Manager will oversee our Renewable Energy projects from commencement to completion and will help manage projects in a manner that exceeds our customers’ expectations and delivers every project on time and within budget as projected while ensuring that our work adheres to all company safety policies and OSHA-mandated requirements.
- Creates and manages project’s budget
- Knows and understands the requirements of owner’s contract including, development of contract requirements, bonds fees, schedules, and costs.
- Develops, and completes, monthly projected final cost and labor cost reports projections.
- Pre-construction Responsibilities
- Procure subcontractors, based on pre-determined requirements, to manage through completion of construction.
- Collaborates with pre-construction team to prepare, review and monitor information and reports related to all costs involved in developing the budget for the project.
- Manage sub-contractor relationship, which includes, but not limited to, initial scope and proposal review, developing final proposal based upon agreed scope of work.
- Develop plan to comply with, and report, Minority Business Entity requirements for the project, as required.
- Collaborate with developer, subcontractors, municipal entity, equipment suppliers, and site-specific construction suppliers to develop a timeline for delivery and completion of milestones prior to project start-up.
Project Mobilization and Construction
- Schedule site security/amenities, subcontractors, equipment delivery, utility interconnections, and services in accordance with pre-determined construction schedule.
- Conduct preconstruction meetings with site host, customer, subcontractors, authority having jurisdiction (AHJ) (if required), and utility.
- Prior to construction, review and implement OSHA approved site safety plan (SSP) with subcontractors.
- Conduct, document, and report daily site safety meetings to analyze job hazards
- Schedule and oversee inspections by AHJ, and utility.
- Coordinate and deliver all requirements for subcontractors and suppliers to meet schedules.
Project Administration and Close-Out
- Responsible for project administration and daily operations. Prepares and maintains the project schedule, milestone dates, commissioning, and close-out checklists.
- Handle and provide all close-out documentation to customer at completion of project.
- Establishes relationships and communication tools, as needed, with suppliers and other key people to verify all materials, supplies, tools equipment and personnel are obtained and/ or delivered when necessary.
- Ensures that project site and company assets are secure and always maintains a safe and respectful working environment by implementing programs for safety and loss prevention, Equal Employment Opportunity, risk management, training and quality control.
- Four-year degree in engineering, construction management or construction-related course of study from an accredited school or equivalent combination of education, technical training, and/or related experience in the electrical contractor or comparable industry.
- Minimum of 8 years Project Management experience in the renewable energy industry
- Ability to plan, develop, and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously.
- Knowledge of electrical theory, National Electric Code, & California Building and Electrical Codes.
- Ability to self-sufficiently price up change orders and work with project schedules.
- Thorough knowledge of company objectives impacting project management strategies and techniques
- Thorough understanding of electrical construction, contracts, and terminology
- Ability to smoothly handle a variety of situations and problems that may arise, sometimes several at a time, and either solve them or work with others involved to come to cooperative resolution.
- Deep knowledge on major equipment’s such as, transformers, inverters, switch gears.
- Thorough understanding of medium to large scale solar systems ranging from 1MW to 50MW.
- Thorough understanding on major equipment’s such as transformers, substations, energy storage systems, packaged power systems, inverters (string and central) solar modules (mono, bi-ficial-N & P type)
- Understanding principals on SCADA, gentry line, underground reticulations and power banks.
- Understanding principals of solar farms based on initial plant design to commissioning.
- Excellent organizational and decision making/problem solving skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills to effectively disseminate information.
- Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions and judgments.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Proficient in Software/Computer programs and equipment
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Software programs i.e., Procore, Helioscope, PVsyst
· Company Truck with gas card
· Company paid Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
· 401K with 100% company match up to 4% of Salary
· Paid Time off
· Quarterly incentive plan base on profitability of project
Pay is Negotiable depending on experience.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Capitol Valley Electric LLC, Inc. is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability