Kodiak Roofing & Waterproofing Co. is a full-service commercial roofing contractor serving many locations throughout the Western United States, including Northern and Central California and Reno. Kodiak provides a complete range of roofing and waterproofing applications. Our highly skilled team combines decades of experience with cutting-edge technology to provide the most comprehensive roof repair and waterproofing results available.
Medical/Dental/Vision and other ancillary insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid time off (Starting at 2 weeks per year!)
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Pay for volunteer work (16 hours per year)
- $200 Annually for Boots!
- Educational Assistance Program (job-related)
The Service Field Manager is responsible for providing leadership and technical expertise for Service crews to ensure a thorough analysis and appropriate recommendations are provided to perform high quality work and superior customer service to clients.
Kodiak is committed to maintaining a safe and drug-free workplace for all employees, and we adhere to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. To ensure a safe and productive workplace, we require all employees to undergo pre-employment drug screening, including marijuana. Please note that the drug test will be conducted after the job offer and if you test positive for any prohibited substances or if you refuse to test and leave the testing facility prior to providing a suitable sample, your job offer will be rescinded.
The Service Field Manager Essential Responsibilities include the following. Other responsibilities may be assigned.
- Responsible for the effective management and leadership of personnel including overseeing performance management and evaluation of all department staff, disciplinary actions, performance evaluations, career development, mentoring, recruiting, and handling employment separations.
- Communicates with direct reports on any changes or updates to Company policies, processes or procedures, and trains and holds team accountable to ensure consistency.
- Holds direct reports accountable for performance and quality, ensuring they meet the company’s Core Values and performance standards.
- Manages staffing resources and collaborates with dispatch on scheduling to ensure all specifications and manufactures installation recommendations; completes jobs as efficient as possible (within budget) with the highest quality of craftsmanship.
- Performs quality control inspections and reviews findings with management and crews.
- Maintains proper Shop inventory to ensure crews have sufficient inventory projects and trucks.
- Coordinates with the Shop for parts fabrication per company policy and procedures.
- Reviews project plans and specifications to understand the scope(s) of work, drawings, materials and installation details and relays information to crews.
- Develops cut-lists, submittals, generates purchase orders, and orders project materials.
- Generates and responds to Requests for Information (RFI), Requests for Proposal (RFP).
- Meets with General Contractors, Building Owners, and Property Managers for coordination of projects, scope development, etc.
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required for the position.
- Education and/or Experience: Minimum of five years of related supervisory experience; or a minimum of five years' experience as a commercial roofing service technician in a supervisory role.
- Language Skills: Can understand the main ideas of complex text on both concrete and abstract topics, including technical discussions in his/her field of specialization in English. Can interact with a degree of fluency and spontaneity that makes regular interaction with native speakers quite possible without strain for either party in English. Can produce clear, detailed text on a wide range of subjects and explain a viewpoint on a topical issue giving the advantages and disadvantages of various options in English.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Computer Skills: Intermediate knowledge of working with word processing documents, creating, and managing spreadsheets, using databases, internet navigation, and email communications, and industry related software.
Kodiak is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity at all levels of our organization. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.