UCP of Sacramento and Northern California is currently accepting applications for a Full Time Dispatcher in our Transportation Department. This person must have good computer skills and the ability to learn new computer programs. The Dispatcher maintains communication with all operators while monitoring routes and on-time performance, while minimizing service disruptions as a result of vehicle/operator availability and or emergency situations. Works with the Transportation Schedulers to assist with our dispatch and scheduling software while also providing assistance with our new demand response service.
· Be professional, courteous and have strong customer service and employee relation skills.
· Have excellent communication skills over the Phone, Radio, Written, and In-Person.
· Have knowledge of basic computer programs such as Word and Excel and the ability to learn new programs such as Routematch and other dispatch programs.
· Be familiar with Sacramento, Yolo, Placer and El Dorado Counties.
· Be a good multi tasker with good problem solving skills.
· Experience in a public transportation setting is preferred but not required.
· Perform other duties as assigned by your supervisor or manager.
Looking for candidates interested in a Part Time AM or PM shift or a Full Time split shift, starting as early as 6:00 AM and ending as late as 6:30 PM Monday - Friday.This is a full-time/benefited position. Benefit eligibility after 30 days, includes: Medical/Dental/ Vision/Life/Long Term Disability and 403b Plan with a match. Also includes paid Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits which begins accruing on day of hire.
The Transportation Office is located at 2501 Florin Road (Located inside the Paratransit Building). All applicants must be able to pass a DOT Drug screen and background check upon hire.
Feel free to drop by our Open Interviews held between 10am-2pm on the following dates:
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $18.00 - $19.50 per hour
Work Location: In person